Assistant Revenue Manager
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Avani Atrium Bangkok
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
As Assistant Revenue Manager you will directly support the Revenue Manager on property with implementing the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and pre-determined seasonality. Support in the hotel’s annual budget and assist in the creation, update and evaluation of the hotel sales and marketing plan. You will be responsible for ensuring available technology (PMS & RMS) is fully utilized and understood according to the property specific business mix and requirements and to ensure optimal use. You will then measure performance on all distribution channels, to ensure that fair market share is well achieved. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Accurate preparation and distribution of daily, weekly, monthly revenue reports. The reports include market segmentation analysis, production reports, source contribution analysis, daily pick-up reports, etc.
- Assist with ensuring all rates are loaded and inventory maintenance is correct.
- Effectively manage inventory and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including Brand Web, 3rd Party Sites, Central Reservation Office (CRO), and Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Perform audits and maintenance on all systems such as PMS, CRS, RMS, and Sales & Catering Systems to ensure content and information is correct.
- Communicate strategies and procedures to other departments as required.
- Maintain group pick-up reports and communicate with Sales regarding upcoming groups cut-offs.
- Participate in weekly revenue management meetings.
- Prepare Revenue Management Report information for all related meetings.
- Monitor and analyze the competition daily / weekly through shop reports and the Internet to identify selling strategies and market trends.
- Ensure professional and efficient utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures
- Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximise on all possible opportunities and minimise any risks
- Integrate with other functions to ensure we exceed our customer’s, owner’s and shareholder expectations
- Ensure yield exemptions are investigated and analysed and new business opportunities are identified
- Review and analyze STR data on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist the Sales team by providing an analysis of statistics and yield information that identifies potential new business, markets and trends
- Prepare a three-month market segment outlook and maintain on a daily basis by monitoring actual results versus forecast for plan achievement
- Outline risks and opportunities relative to meeting rooms versus Guest room availability to present at weekly meetings
- Record and analyse all refused, lost, cancelled and waitlisted business for both Guest rooms and Conference & Banquet (C&B) meeting space
- Assist in identifying and maximising all possible opportunities and minimising any risks
- Support the Revenue Manager in completing and analysing month end reports
- Currently holds the position of Assistant Revenue Manager, Assistant Reservations Manager or Revenue Analyst in the hospitality industry
- Familiar with the hotel operations, with excellent knowledge in Revenue & Reservations Systems as well as all distribution channels.
- Understands the dynamics of regional & local markets, as well as local competitors and events.