- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Oaks Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai
For travellers seeking freedom, independence and space. Oaks Hotels & Resorts offers spacious contemporary serviced studios and suites across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East. Effortless short or long stays unfold with peace of mind and all the essential comforts.
The Accounts Officer is part of a team which administers the efficient and effective operation of all financial aspects of the Anantara development, sales and marketing operations. The focus of this role is to handle the day to day processing of procurement transactions (purchases of goods and services) from suppliers and expenses claims from employees.
• Learn, develop and maintain expertise in the operation of the relevant elements of the Oracle procurement and expenses processing systems.
• Gain understanding of all relevant policies, procedures and internal controls for procurement and expenses and comply with these at all times.
• Set up new vendor (supplier) accounts.
• Process purchase requisitions, invoices, expenses claims and other expenditure source documents including appropriate coding of transactions to the chart of accounts.
• Liaise with vendors (suppliers) and employees in relation to queries concerning invoices and expenses claims to ensure that Anantara receives all necessary documentation and explanations to support expenditure transactions.
• Liaise with transaction approvers to ensure there are no delays in obtaining approvals for purchase requisitions.
• Liaise with colleagues at all locations to answer queries in relation to the status of procurement and expenses transactions.
• Liaise with the shared Accounts Payable team to ensure that vendors and employees are paid in accordance with policy and agreed terms.
• Share information with accounting colleagues to ensure that accruals and prepayments are properly recorded at the end of each month.
• Ensures month-end closing timelines are followed and managed effectively.
• Performs regular ad hoc report as requested by Assistant financial controller
• At least 3 years experience with using computerized accounting systems. Experience with the Micros and Opera system would be highly regarded.
• Experience in an accounting environment with an emphasis on accounts payable processing.
• A polite and tactful communication style.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in English.