Technical Product Manager
- 99 Sukhumvit Soi 42, Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning.
1. Job Description
Assistant Manager – Digital Product is responsible for providing Product Management of Digital assets within MINOR Group and ensuring that the provision of technology solutions (hardware, software, users’ skills, and process improvements) meet the needs and requirements of the MINOR Group.
Their role is to help supporting IT strategy, plan, development and delivery of all digital initiatives related to the MINOR Group in order to support growth plans of the business. Also, they have to support Digital initiatives related to the MINOR Group business, including Digital strategy development, Centre of Excellence (CoE) for MINOR Digital practices, IT policies related to Digital, and implementation of such Digital initiatives.
To support and assist the Digital Team in the deployment and maintenance of Minor’s digital solutions and platforms, which include a number of websites, mobile applications, e-communication, video creation and social media management across a number of organizations. Including, but not limited to Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Experience Management (CXM), data handling, and predictive analytics.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Assist to monitor all Digital and related IT projects for MINOR Group.
- Ensure appropriate formulation and definition of project scope and objectives based on both customer needs and the needs and requirements of MINOR Group.
- Implement MINOR IT guidelines and procedures for project planning and management.
- Assist to manage MINOR Group Digital projects, as appropriate or requested by the Director IT Digital.
- Assist to obtain requirements and design user stories in the process of product development
- Assist to analyst and design user/ customer experiences
Elevate IT Digital role:
- Assist to establish and maintain effective working relationships between the MINOR Group business and MINOR Information Technology personnel in order to identify business needs and critical success factors
- Understand the key functions of the process of Digital Products e.g. websites, mobile applications, email marketing, online advertising, online performance measurement, and integration of back-end systems
- Manage vendors and/or suppliers in the areas of digital platforms, CRM, CXM analytics as required
- Assist in release management of all digital platforms under Digital Business’s portfolio
- Track digital projects such as the status of timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing etc.
- Define and log issues and/or risks, create a mitigation plan and actively manage them
- Attend appropriate meetings along with other team members and prepare accurate notes of outcomes and follow up activity as required
- Assist in improving and enhancing Minor’s digital solutions including strategy, architecture, User Experiences, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and analytics
- Recommend retaining the services of consultants and other outsiders when appropriate to achieve cost efficiencies or provide services outside the capabilities of the MINOR IT team, specifically, or MINOR IT from a broader perspective
- Direct the relationship with vendors providing information systems products and services to the MINOR Group
- Identify processes and activities for users to fully utilize IT systems deployed within the MINOR Group and assist the business in improving / enhancing existing business processes to realize the full potential of IT & Digital solutions implemented within the MINOR Group business
- Assist in overseeing the communication and training of users within the MINOR Group in the capability and requirements of the Digital and IT applications and systems utilized by the MINOR Group businesses
- Express thoughts clearly
- Use active, empathetic listening as a tool to understand and support each interaction, internal and external to the company
- Effectively prepare and deliver internal presentations employing appropriate content, and customer and business focus
- Perform other special projects as requested by the Digital Director and Chief Information Officer or other MINOR senior management
- Works 5 days a week
- May be required to work on holidays as needed
- Create/improve efficiency of the Minor group’s digital products
- Maintain strong relationship with all related stakeholders
- Proficient in creating product roadmaps, user stories and business requirement specifications.
- Proficiency in formal project management methodologies, stakeholder engagement, and use of project management tools
- Demonstrate business acumen communication, organizational and business focused
- Proven people management capabilities – virtual team management with cultural sensitivity and coaching
- Good human relation skills to effectively interact with personnel throughout the Information Technology and customer departments with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment under pressure and within challenging timescales.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English language both spoken and written.