Assistant Accounting Manager
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Anantara Vacation Club Corporate Office, Bangkok
A unique ownership product offering the opportunity for five-star holidays in choice destinations. The vacation lifestyle is yours to explore with Anantara and affiliated destinations, from one exotic locale to the next, for your family today and generations to come.
The Assistant Manager, Accounting Services is responsible for the production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all AVC legal entities and operating departments. This includes the operation of all associated processes, policies and internal controls in close coordination with MINT shared services.
The key responsibilities for this position fall under the following major headings:
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure that Month end report requirements meet the target, completed accurately and on time.
- Consolidated P&L statement (Actual vs. Budget and Forecast) in US$ for all legal entities and business units comprising the MINT-owned developer, supported local currency P&L statements for all legal entities in each jurisdiction.
- Review P&L statements for each business unit and location.
- A consolidated balance sheet in US$.
- Review Balance sheets for each legal entity in local currency
- Drafting of annual financial statements for each legal entity in close coordination with MINT corporate shared services as well as local resources in each jurisdiction.
- Close liaison with MINT’s external auditors in relation the quarterly review of results and the full annual audit process.
- Supervise the processing and timely payment of liabilities to vendors.
- Supervise and coach accounting officers to produce quality report within deadline
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Lead business improvement & problem solving for oversea subsidiaries in term of accounting as regional head office
- Performs regular ad hoc report as requested by Supervisor.
- Document, maintain, disseminate and enforce comprehensive and commercially appropriate internal control policies and procedures for AVC’s business.
- Liaise with MINT’s internal audit team regarding compliance with and enforcement of group-wide internal control policies and procedures.
- Provide training and advice to field operations management on internal controls, especially in relation to revenue, credit card and cash management issues.
- Report any internal control issues, concerns or breaches to AVC senior management.
- At least 5 years experience with using computerized accounting systems.
- A polite and tactful communication style within a multicultural working environment.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Working experience in audit would be an advantage
- Proficiency in English.