Income Auditor cum General Cashier
- Al Najada Hotel by Tivoli, Doha, Qatar
- Company Location: Al Najada Doha Hotel by Tivoli
Founded in 1933 in Portugal, Tivoli Hotels & Resorts has built and maintained a distinct charismatic character and elegant personality in all its properties. From cosmopolitan hideaways to seaside paradises and a growing global portfolio, Tivoli curates exceptional services and experiences for its cherished guests.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Tivoli employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Audit all entries made by night auditor on a daily basis and check that the gross revenue report is accurate and is distributed on time.
· Complete all OPERA systems work sheets including general cashier summary, deposit verifications, over and short report, routing of rebates and miscellaneous vouchers and petty cash recording.
· Ensure that all other charges are posted properly.
· Audit the coding and account numbers of all prior day rebates, miscellaneous charges and paid outs.
· Check that the guest ledger and city ledger totals in OPERA balance with OPERA final report and the general ledger balance. Verify city ledger totals with the receivable clerk.
· Prepare and ensure the accuracy of the weekly flash report and send to corporate according to the schedule supplied by the account supervisor.
· At each month end back up all journals for the previous months, close the month and produce the general ledger interface file.
· Properly file and store all job related documents in accordance with the company policy.
· Reconcile the unearned income, health club membership and balance the cash with the general cashier and accounts payable.
· Follow up on the night audit GIG sheet and report findings to the accounting manager.
· Maintain a logbook with night audit for effective communication.
· Advise the department heads on their revenue status and their rebates especially when they are exceeding above norms. Ensure that the rebates and miscellaneous charges have proper back ups and authorizations.
· Reconcile sales tax payable on monthly basis.
· Perform other duties as directed by DOF and/or accounting manager.
· Inform the DOF and the accounting manager of any violations if any on the cashiering system immediately.
· Cover the night audit duty if needed during their absence.
· To collect and record the contents of all daily deposits.
· To maintain and control petty cash funds and record the disbursement.
· Preparing General Cashier daily reports.
· Prepare safe count sheet daily and submit to Financial Controller.
· Maintain adequate supply of small change for cashiers and service guest agents.
· Arrange the conversion of foreign currencies received from Front Office.
· Coordinate with Account Payable and Corporate Office regarding money transfer.
· To undertake any other duties as directed by Financial Controller.
· To ensure all monies are banked on a timely basis.
· Establishes accurate hard copy and electronics up to date payroll information files for all current and newly hired colleagues to provide the accuracy of payroll process.
· Coordinate with Human Resources department on accurate records regarding vacation, sick time and other payroll related benefits, verifies that accrual for same are sufficient to meet liability.
· Establishes and maintain security procedure to ensure the confidentiality of all payroll related information
· Coordinate with Accounts Receivable / Credit for employee’s city ledger.
· Ensure the monthly roaster are accurate and obtained approval from department head for processing payroll.
· Verify overtime voucher with the attendance system and forward for further approval.
· Update the payroll system with employee’s bank information prior to salary processing.
· Prepare the monthly payroll within the cut-off date and arrange for bank advices to be signed and submitted to the bank.
· Prepare all payroll reports and Journal vouchers as per the standards
· Keep updated with Human Resources policies and labour laws
· Verify and submit various Colleague documentation for further approval, as per the approval matrix. These include vacation requests, final settlements, change of status, air ticket LPOs, HR action forms, loan requests etc.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher in the field of Accounting
- Must have a previous work experience as Income Auditor
- With accounting expertise, integrity, confidentiality and time management