Cluster Receiving Officer
- Al Najada Hotel by Tivoli, Doha, Qatar
- Company Location: Al Najada Doha Hotel by Tivoli
Founded in 1933 in Portugal, Tivoli Hotels & Resorts has built and maintained a distinct charismatic character and elegant personality in all its properties. From cosmopolitan hideaways to seaside paradises and a growing global portfolio, Tivoli curates exceptional services and experiences for its cherished guests.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by efficiently receiving and checking all goods delivered to the hotel by suppliers.
As a member of the finance department, this role is responsible for ensuring that all the financial affairs of the hotel are conducted to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. High ethical standards are necessary to maintain both competitive advantage and the pride and confidence of our associates, and to provide quality products and services to customers and clients.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Tivoli employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Ensuring proper authorization for all goods entering the hotel.
· Inspecting all incoming goods to ensure that quantity, quality, price and all the other specifications are adhered to.
· Prepare daily receiving report summaries and report on any variances immediately.
· To check and input General store purchase into the hotel inventory system.
· To ensure the goods are secured and prompt transfer.
· To ensure that goods in the receiving area are secure at all times.
· To ensure that Occupational Health and safety requirements are observed, maintained and enforced.
- Knowledge of warehouse supplies receiving and storage;
- Knowledge of stocking items/supplies, accurately counting items/supplies, picking up orders, packing required items/supplies and delivery process;
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, and safety warning labels;
- Ability to actively pursue continuous improvement and ease of the tasks of the position to meet or exceed Department needs;
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy when identifying and pulling correct items/supplies, to meet or exceed customer's expectations;
- Ability to listen to others and appropriately act on information provided;
- Ability to work with specific instructions (either written, verbal, physically demonstrated or diagrammed);
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work;
- Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations;
- Ability to prioritize work tasks according to Department requirements;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Ability to act in a courteous and professional manner at all times;