Junior Sous Chef
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
- To ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
- College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
- At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
- Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
- Passion for leadership and teamwork
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Excellent guest service skills
*Expertise in all types of cuisine