Junior Sous Chef
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Ideal candidate must be intimately familiar with all the activities involved in kitchen operations and be prepared to step in and cover all eventualities if called upon.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attend daily meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef in planning menus and recipes and test samples in conjunction with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Write specific and accurate product specifications and standard recipes for use in the computer and by the material manager.
- In conjunction with the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain high quality of food and service.
- Plan rosters on a 1 weekly basis and review overtime, rosters and holiday requirements on a daily basis with the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef.
- Liaise with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of kitchen.
- Coordinate and execute training of the kitchen colleagues, be able to motivate the team and cook food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
• College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
• At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
• Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
• Passion for teamwork
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Excellent guest service skills
To be able to relocate to remote resort location