Senior Laundry Supervisor
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Conduct daily briefing with laundry, linen attendant and uniform attendant, issued all information related with hotel operational and any new standard
- Ensure that the laundry and associated areas are properly cleaned at all times.
- Ensure all health & safety requirements are adhered to, including the use of chemicals.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and follow departmental SOP’s and LSOPs
- Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper orientation training and ongoing training and development for team members.
- Assist in managing relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure records are maintained for linen inventory, uniforms, and other items as applicable.
- Ensure that par levels of linen, towels and uniforms are current, and in line with inventory.
- Ensure guest laundry bill is posted accordingly
- Ensure guest laundry is delivered and collected accordingly as per room number
- Help in laundry process, operate washers and dryers, select soaps and cleaning formulas, mend and distribute articles
- Maintain Cleanliness Standards: Participate in daily operations of Laundry Facility including cleaning and inspecting of linens to maintain standards (20% time)
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost saving measures
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Develop and maintain a motivational working environment within the department and positive relations with other departments.
- Initiate measures to minimize all wastage of materials and amenities are used in the department.
- Control overtime through good management and immediate response to problems.
- Attend and support Task Force Missions required to support the opening of new Anantara and other MINT properties, and other special events catered by Minor International.
- Ensure VIP requirements are met
- Ensure all special requests are met, with reference to families visiting our resorts with children.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines: DCT, Go safety, SRA OSH audit.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Performs other duties assigned by Housekeeping Manager
- Maintain a close working relationship with Housekeeping Department
• At least five years' experience in hotel housekeeping-laundry operations
• Effective supervisory skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficient in English communication
• Eye for detail