F&B Service - Cashier
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Avani Ibn Battuta Dubai
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
As an Outlet Cashier you are responsible for cashier’s house fund and its safekeeping, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for every food & beverage sale in the outlet
• Ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for any meals consumed by employees or any service offered to guests as complimentary or entertainment
• Enter opening and closing check number used in his / her shift in the Night Auditors logbook, ensure that checks are used serially and all the checks are accounted for
• Open a guest check in the POS system, punching orders, splitting and transferring tables, settling checks as cash, room charge, credit card or city ledger
• Prepare cashier’s summary and tally it with Micros (POS) reading at the close of his / her shift
• Print and tally transaction list from credit card machines with physical check and Micros reading
• Prepare deposit envelope, write the deposit amount in cashier’s deposit sheet and drop the envelope in the Front Office safe depository, in the presence of a witness, who has also signed the witness column of the cashier’s deposit sheet.
· Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property.
· Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
· Maintain awareness of resort, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential effect on the operations
· 100% cash accuracy – works with cash office to correct deficiencies immediately
Proper use of POS including product and payment methods.
· Product knowledge of all food and beverage menus – ability to make suggestions to guests.
· Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management.
Exceed required standards/goals to achieve superior guest service.
· Required to work in banquets, coffee bar, BBQ as needed.
· Maintains cleanliness of facility
· Actively greets all our guests.
· Maintains required inventories and par stock levels in coolers and racks
Attend and contribute to required meetings and training classes.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a diploma / degree in hotel management or accounting and previous experiences within a hotel environment. Good English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Touché, FBM and SUN System is an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be dedicated, courteous and a self-motivator along with a positive attitude. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the job