- Doha, Qatar
- Company Location: Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara is a crescent of golden beach and over water villas just off the coast of downtown Doha. Accessible by private catamaran, escape for family adventures, ocean thrills or serene spa bliss.
Enjoy an alcohol-free atmosphere with the little ones as you surf, dive, golf, bowl or cinema. Race across lagoon waters with a host of motorised water sports. Unwind in the Middle East’s only wellness centre in a resort setting, spread across lush botanical gardens.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· To assist in the preparation & service of food, prepare mis-en-place for the outlets as required.
· Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
· To keep all working areas clean and tidy to maintain hygienic surroundings.
· Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
· Taking responsibility for looking after all hotel property and facilities.
· Participating in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels.
· Maintaining and oversee adherence to departmental checklists and cleaning schedules
· Assisting at events, banquets and other functions as required
· Adhering to all personal hygiene and grooming standards, fire safety rules and health & safety rules.
With 2-5 years of experience in the same field (hot and cold kitchen) in hotel industry
With good communication and excellent culinary skills
With pleasing personality and a well focused individual
Able to handle pressure at work and capability to multi-task