Marketing Communications Manager
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Oaks Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai
For travellers seeking freedom, independence and space. Oaks Hotels & Resorts offers spacious contemporary serviced studios and suites across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East. Effortless short or long stays unfold with peace of mind and all the essential comforts.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by coordinating the day-to-day marketing & communications activities for the hotel. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with media bodies, society and opinion leaders, and other key stakeholders. The overall objective is to position the hotel to achieve the marketing objectives and business strategy of the hotel and the overall Oaks brand.
At Oaks, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Oaks employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, for liaison with media, writing of press material, writing of internal communications, marketing copywriting and proof-reading.
· Ensure that you fully understand the business strategy and positioning of the Oaks brand, and that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace. This is a responsibility of ALL sales and marketing professionals, regardless of their responsibility level.
· Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Oaks product and service offerings, and the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
· Prepare presentations of hotel information in the media, on industry websites and directories and all other relevant online and paper-based publications.
· Collate and distribute media references to the hotel and the brand, and proactively circulate to all relevant internal parties
· Assist the corporate Marketing team in all marketing or public relations focused projects.
· Conduct market research on competitor hotels within the industry that is seen as relevant and delivering competitive advantage to the brand, in that the research is valued and eagerly awaited by the corporate and operational leadership teams.
· Maintain and continually improve the hotel library of photography, DVD, video and other electronic media.
· Solicit and obtain external sponsorship for promotions and special projects
· Maintain the media database.
· Proactively work on social media plans and postings on a daily basis
· Ensure the website content is up to date for all hotels within the Area utilizing the procedures and processes set out by the corporate office.
· Co-ordination of translations.
· Preparation of LPOs for the department and co-ordination with the procurement division.
· Achieve all personal performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
· Take responsibility for your own professional development including strong financial literacy and negotiation skills, brand development, PR and marketing skills needed to become a future Marketing Leader for Oaks.
· Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
· Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure
· Actively participate in media familiarization trips, site inspections, photoshoots as required to meet the targets of the hotels.
· Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise. In particular this includes Sales, Front Office, Reservations, and Events colleagues.
· Ensure that all paperwork associated with the work of the department is processed quickly and efficiently, including letters, emails, contracts and reports.
· Assist in establishing and maintaining client databases, and using those databases in promotions and marketing campaigns
· Provide all assistance to guests and clients in a proactive, professional and friendly manner
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of applicable work experience in branding, marketing, and communications; preferably hotel experience.
- At least one year of experience managing direct reports and budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills and the ability to translate complicated issues into clear writing.
- Superb time and project management skills, attention to detail, excellence in prioritization.
- Experience working in client-facing role that required strong facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing multi-media marketing campaigns with a deep understanding of digital marketing analytics.
- Successful track record in media relations, including placing articles in top publications.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite and effective use of social media.
with UAE Drivers License