- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Avani Palm View Residences & Suites
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. AVANI employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Planning and Organising:
- To work with the Executive Chef/ Executive sous chef in completing the Food & Beverage department input into the overall hotel strategic plans.
Operations and Product Quality
Analyse local-market needs and trends, and support the definition of the hotel’s overall Food & Beverage offering
Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated F&B objectives of the hotel and the brand.
Develop new menus and food items to meet the taste and dining requirements of the guests. Maintain sensitivity to local cultural traditions and adhere to religious beliefs in preparation and services of all food on premises.
Oversee the preparation and presentation of food products to ensure maximum quality at all times.
Implement procedures to minimise wastage and over-production.
Ensure standards of presentation and preparation of food items meet hotel & brand standards
Ensure the food cost is under the budget
- Lead Task Force Missions on behalf of the hotel, to support the opening of new AVANI/MINT properties, and other special events catered by Minor International
Departmental Leadership – with the Executive Chef
Ensure that that Kitchen professionals are fully aware of hotel F&B strategy, and that their products meet these requirements
Direct and coordinate the daily activities of all the hotel’s kitchens.
Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper orientation training and ongoing training and development for team members.
Manage relationships and contracts with suppliers.
Support and facilitate staff participation in local, national and international competitions.
Health, Hygiene & Safety
Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene, and adherence with all Health and Safety standards.
Report and take appropriate action to correct any health or safety hazard.
Liaise with Engineering regarding maintenance and repairs of equipment
Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food items including the condition of food in freezers.
Instruct staff on all emergency measures in case of accident and have a first aid kit available and stocked in the kitchens, in collaboration with hotel’s clinic
Ensure all work areas in the kitchen are kept tidy and clean.
• College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
• At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
• Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
• Passion for leadership and teamwork
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Excellent guest service skills