Area Director of E-Commerce, Maldives
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Minor Hotels Corporate
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of more than 535 hotels in 55 countries. Minor Hotels passionately explores new possibilities in hospitality with a diverse portfolio of properties designed intelligently to appeal to different kinds of travellers; serving new passions as well as personal needs. Through our Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Elewana, Tivoli and Minor International properties, across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
We are now looking for an experienced Area Director of E-Commerce to join our team. The role is based in Bangkok, but will require regular travel to Maldives. Maldives currently has a portfolio of 5 properties ; Anantara Dhigu and Anantara Veli that are clustered with award winning Naladhu Private Island located only 30 mins boat ride away from Male. In addition we have Niyama Private Islands and Anantara Kihavah, both only 30-45 mins seaplane ride away from Male.
We are excited to be welcoming the Avani+ brand into our Maldives portfolio in early 2021. In this role, you would take the E-Commerce lead for the entire Maldives area and resort portfolio including the new opening of Avani Fares.
Our Director of E-Commerce will be driving profitable growth of the online transient market segments of the businesses and creating consumer demand and loyalty through proprietary and third party e-channels. Supporting business growth and direction over the next years. Start from leading, planning and executing the development of Minor Hotels Maldives e-Commerce capabilities, including web performance, SEO, PPC and other online strategies and tactics. Director of E-Commerce will be also leading and developing the area e-Commerce team and external partners according to the business needs, financial cost and return.
The E-Commerce Director is responsible for the area E-Commerce strategy, maximization of the exposure of all the resorts across all online distribution and communication channels. Planning a successful e-Commerce strategy and its execution that will result in visible increase in room revenues, decreased operational costs, and optimal returns on investment. The E-Commerce Director leads the strategic focus of guest communications, e-marketing efforts, and database marketing to continually optimize: brand consistency, the guest experience, conversion, incremental revenues, guest retention, and guest loyalty for the resorts and the Maldives area.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 7 years of experience in online marketing roles in luxury, consumer or travel markets
- Very good written & verbal English is essential
- Good understating of Search Engine Optimization and Pay-per-clicks tactics.
- Experience in using Content Management Systems
- Proficient analytical web skills and ability to analyze website performance data (i.e. financial, statistical and /or performance)
- Strong analytical skills are a must. Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Experience in planning and executing projects and action plans way ahead of time to enable us to be seen and heard in the market and driving a better conversion
- Ability to analyse reports and build strategies based on need and demand of the market
- Track record in leading, directing, and managing direct reports and multiple stakeholders located in various locations
- Ability to work with digital team and agency partners on the implementation of the online campaigns (website, SEM, and social media) and ensure all relevant communication is available on property websites. Follow through and 3rd party partner leadership experience is a must
- Experience in utilising electronic media as a catalyst for exposure, increased awareness, sales, and business opportunities
- Ability to successfully coordinate ongoing research of the industry and to detect market trends and related information for development of new sales and marketing strategies. Making recommendations to improve potential from various markets
- Understanding of branding and ability to ensure social media communications are consistent with brand voice
- Passion for monitoring performance of e-marketing and guest engagement campaigns and shown determination for Initiating corrective action in a timely manner. We are keen to hear actual examples from previous roles in this.
This position is based in Bangkok, at the Minor Hotels head office but with regular travel to Maldives this is a great opportunity for a right candidate to combine both city and island life. Maldives is an exciting, ever evolving market.
The application period will close on the 12th of July, however, we will start interviews as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
Please apply via our recruitment portal by sending your CV and cover letter including your salary expectation and possible start date.