Lecturer in Hospitality Management - Front Office Operations
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Asian Institute of Hotel Management
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor currently with 536 hotels in operation. Minor Hotels passionately explores new possibilities in hospitality with a diverse portfolio of properties designed intelligently to appeal to different kinds of travellers, serving new passions as well as personal needs. Through our Anantara, Avani, Oaks, Tivoli, M Collection, NH Collection, NH Hotels, nhow, Elewana, Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International properties, Minor Hotels operates in 54 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe, South America and North America.
With dynamic plans to expand existing brands and explore strategic acquisitions throughout opportunistic markets, Minor Hotels pursues a vision of a more passionate and interconnected world. For more information, please visit www.minorhotels.com.
As a lecturer you will be part of a curriculum team, contributing to the growth development and teaching of the Hospitality programmes delivered within the Asian Institute of Hospitality Management in Academic Association with Les Roches.
This includes the teaching and assessment of a range of Front Office courses such as Rooms Division, Property Management Systems (Opera), Concierge and Guest Relations, Housekeeping and HACCP.
This will be supplemented with a strong focus on retention, achievement and student success alongside pastoral support, curriculum design/development and ensuring a high standard of quality provision is offered.
- Degree holders from a recognised universities in Hospitality Management will be considered
- Experience of teaching Hospitality Management subjects in a higher education environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Property Management Systems (Opera)
- Strong knowledge of Rooms Division
- Strong knowledge of Concierge and Guest Relations
- Strong awareness of Housekeeping and HACCP or willingness to develop these areas
- A strong awareness of current developments within the Hospitality sector and education
- Experience of curriculum design and development
- Relevant industrial and / or professional experience.
- Experience of Internal Quality Assurance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven organisational ability
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Evidence of the ability to motivate and inspire students
- Ability to deliver good or outstanding lessons
- Ability to develop innovative teaching materials and integrate these through Information Learning Technology platforms
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and
- vulnerable adults
- Be committed to AIHM’s Equality and Diversity agenda
- Fully commit to staff development
- Be willing to teach subjects that may not be a specialism when required
- Willing to work flexibly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.