Area Sales Manager - Leisure / GCC
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
· Ensure that you fully understand the markets for Leisure segments, the business strategy and positioning of the Anantara brand and Anantara Abu Dhabi Hotels. Ensure that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
· Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Anantara Hotels Abu Dhabi products and service offerings, rates and new developments of key competitors and an awareness of general industry trends.
· Approach personal sales activities from a strategic perspective, understanding the relative importance and priority of the current account base, and directing personal sales efforts accordingly.
· Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account and review suggestions for improvement with department leadership.
· Focus on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
· Achieve personal financial and non-financial performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
· Take responsibility for your own professional development, ensuring that you have the financial literacy, negotiation and face-to-face selling skills needed to successfully do your job.
· Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results and associated action planning.
· Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure
· Actively participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and road shows as required to meet the sales targets of each of the Anantara Hotels in Abu Dhabi.
· Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise
· Drive opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell Anantara products
· Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales today, including sales-specific software, property PMS, the Microsoft Office toolset
· Ensure that all administration is processed quickly and efficiently.
• At least 3-5 years sales experience in a 5 star hotel with 1 years plus at the manager level
• Bachelor Degree in any related field
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Internet, e-mail)
• Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skill and strong leadership
with UAE Drivers License