Sustainability Manager - Environment and Occupational Health and safety
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: hospitality, restaurants and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 536 hotels under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, NH Collection, NH Hotels, nhow, Elewana, Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 55 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe, South and North America. MINT is also one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,200 outlets system-wide in 26 countries under The Pizza Company, The Coffee Club, Riverside, Benihana, Thai Express, Bonchon, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen and Burger King brands. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands and contract manufacturers. Its brands include Anello, Bodum, Bossini, Brooks Brothers, Charles & Keith, Esprit, Etam, Joseph Joseph, OVS, Radley, Scomadi, Zwilling J.A. Henckels and Minor Smart Kids. For more information, please visit www.minor.com.
The Sustainability Manager is responsible for engaging internal and external stakeholders to uplift company’s occupational health and safety and environment in order to achieve its long-term goals and priorities, in compliances with relevant national and international laws and regulations and in response to company’s priority of employees’ safety and well-being and global concern of climate change as a responsible corporate citizen.
He/she is in charge of attaining from relevant stakeholders a buy-in of importance of in-operations occupational health and safety and environment, planning, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and reporting of these two important elements. He/she is responsible for initiating practical models of occupational health and safety and environment that can be rolled out to other regions and other relevant target groups. His/her roles also cover responses to national and international benchmarks in areas of occupational health and safety and environment with continual improvement of applicable score and percentile ranking.
Implementation of occupational health and safety and environment
· Work closely with business units to embed occupational health and safety in operations
· Work closely with relevant functions to implement applicable environmental practices (energy, water, waste, carbon dioxide emission) in operations
· Develop and maintain systematic database to capture needed occupational health and safety and environmental indicators for reporting purpose
Response to national and international benchmark questionnaires
· Respond to national and international questionnaires e.g. DJSI, CDP, FTSE4Good, MSCI, SET Sustainability Award, etc.to continually improve company performances on occupational health and safety and environment
Update on applicable occupational health and safety and environmental laws and regulations
· Keep up-to-date applicable occupational health and safety and environmental laws and regulations to ensure Minor’s 100% compliance with those law and regulations
Initiation of occupational health and safety and environment models/kits
· Devise practical models/kits or applicable tools of occupational health and safety and environment that can be rolled out to other regions and other relevant target groups in order to expand reporting scope
· Fluent in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
· Good interpersonal skill and able to communicate to all levels
· Self-motivated, adaptable and able to work in high-demand situations
· Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
· Ability to foster trust relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree in environment, occupational health and safety or related fields. Master’s Degree in related fields is a plus.
· Minimum 7-year progressive experiences in environment and occupational health and safety implementation
· Experience in responding to DJSI, CDP, FTSE4Good, etc.
· Experience in project management