- Gaborone, Botswana
- Company Location: Avani Gaborone Hotel & Casino
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
- The Commis Chef must maintain high standards of health and safety, including personal hygiene.
- You will be responsible for producing the most creative and excellent dishes, ensuring that the guests expectations are exceeded and fully satisfied.
- The person in this position must be able to effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen team, this includes being able to gracefully receive constructive criticism as well as effectively carry out orders
- . Additionally, a Commis Chef also needs to be able to remain calm while multi-tasking, as they are often called upon to carry out many different orders simultaneously in a brief amount of time.
- The Commis Chef is a part of the kitchen team, and as such must be able and willing to perform the basic tasks of food preparation and organization in the kitchen.
- This ability to create excellence in your own area of responsibility and to support others as they do the same is vital to the successful operation of the kitchen and to ensure the enjoyment of guests.
• Previous experience in a Food & Beverage/Restaurant operations role
• Passion for teamwork
• Excellent guest service skills
• Knowledge of basic preparation, presentation and preservation of food
• Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety procedures
Preferably Botswana Citizen