- Sir Bani Yas - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Company Location: Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara
Sir Bani Yas Island is a protected wildlife sanctuary just off the coast of Abu Dhabi, founded by His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Home to free-roaming animals, including the near extinct Arabian Oryx, the island offers a distinct escape from the world. Located on the north shore between a lagoon and the open ocean, guests of Desert Islands also enjoy access to the facilities of sister resorts Al Sahel and Al Yamm.
· To be efficient and professional in dealing with situations involving all aspects of Front Office where the reputation and the image of DIRS is represented.
· Report on duty punctually in clean uniform with nametag.
· Attend daily shift briefing as directed by the supervisor.
· Be fully aware at all times of the facilities, rates, packages, groups and booking status of the hotel.
· Read and acknowledge all communications updated with VIP guests in house, arrivals, departures, functions and events of the day and ensure a proper handover and take over is carried out between shifts.
· Handle daily trace/follow up reports according to departmental requirements.
· Monitor all the equipments in the area such as consoles, telecommunication equipments are maintained in working order .
· Maintain effective office administrative procedures within the department that will safeguard and detect proper billing procedures, effective monitoring of calls with proper paging system and maintaining records accordingly as per the standards.
· Ascertai9n all wake – up calls are in order and are completed punctually whenever required.
· To be up-to-date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
· Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction. Ensure all issues relating to guest satisfaction are raised, monitored, and followed up on a timely basis.
· Answer the telephone calls within 3 rings in a courteous and a professional manner using the correct procedures for handling calls. Always acknowledge log information.
· Maintain a motivational working environment within the department, and with other colleagues in the resort.
· Be aware of the DIRS’s security, fire, safety and all emergency related procedures.
· Be knowledgeable about local seasonality and events.
· Proactively promote other sister properties of Minor International.
· All work related concerns to be communicated immediately to the supervisor and ensure proper follow up is done.
· To provide assistance and friendly gesture to all guest requests and ensure the cycle is complete as per standards.
· To be aware of weather forecast, prayer timings and all general information to be communicated to other departments.
· To attend hotel events, daily shift briefings and training to improve professional skills.