Cluster Director of Revenue
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Location: Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
The Cluster Director of revenue will oversee two luxury resort in Oman with the potential for additional properties in the future. This role will serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by developing and implementing strategies to maximize the revenue and profit production of all revenue centres in Anantara resorts.
At Anantara, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Comply with MHG daily tasks policy created by MHG’s corporate revenue team.
· Monitor the inventory 365 days a year and ensure high demand periods are managed properly and as per the selling strategy and business plan.
· Manage IDEAS revenue system and avoid user overrides unless approved by ADOSM, GM and corporate revenue team, once IDEAS proved accuracy in forecasting and Bar suggestions.
· To prepare weekly accurate 3 months forecast for hotel rooms revenue by Market Segment/Day.
· To prepare monthly accurate 12 months forecast for hotel rooms revenue by Market Segment.
· To actively participate in the production of the hotel’s annual budget and to assist in the creation, update and evaluation of the hotel Sales and Marketing plan.
· To set and effectively communicate the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and predetermined seasonality.
· To prepare and chair a weekly SSM (Sales Strategy Meeting) along with the relevant department. Collate and distribute meeting minutes of notes on forecast and strategy changes, including a weekly action plan.
· To ensure compliance with brand, regional and owning company Processes and Procedures pertaining to Revenue Management.
· To continuously manipulate availability & rates while ensuring parity across all distribution channels. This allows maximum flexibility to capture all market buying patterns while optimizing REVPAR.
· To introduce incremental revenue generators to maximize overall hotel revenue.
· To provide the sales team with performance analysis of top-producing accounts, thus providing required analysis to support pricing and re-contracting.
· Set monthly targets of upselling revenue for front office and reservations department.
· Monitor competitor availability and pricing on a daily basis, using all available tools such as Industry Reports, Internet, Ring Around, Dummy Bookings etc, and subsequently analyze & report actual performance versus competitive set.
· Ensure available technology (PMS & RMS) is fully utilized and understood according to property-specific business mix and requirements.
· Ensure optimal use and measure performance on all distribution channels, to ensure that fair market share is achieved if not surpassed, e.g. rate shopper, GDS, Anantara.com, Tour Operators, Small Luxury Hotels, Regional and Corporate Sales Offices.
· Assist the Sales & Marketing Team in devising marketing campaigns, to ensure that the Hotel reaches the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
· Assist in the F&B, SPA and OOD revenue strategies plan.
· Maintaining high standards of data quality through system maintenance.
· Responsible to drive maximum revenues through preferred Anantara Booking channels by applying relevant pricing and inventory management.
· Ensure weekly/monthly reporting to the regional/corporate office is adhered to in a timely manner.
· Implement a database of historical data and supervise its continuous daily capture, and subsequently produce a calendar of events required for revenue and pricing decisions.
· Carry out analysis of Booking Patterns & Market Trends, and ensure that these are recorded to facilitate future decisions.
· Liaise with Corporate Marketing to ensure all promotion/programmes are fully understood and right for the business.
· Understand the dynamics of the Global, National, Regional & Local Political and Economic Market, local Competitors and all demand generators for the destination.
· Be responsible for all Recruitment & Selection into the Revenue/Reservation department.
· Ensure an effective Training & Development Calendar is in place & adhered to, that all Team members have a Personal Development Plan and clearly defined objectives, and that a Succession Plan exists within the department.
· Proven background in Revenue Management in a 5 stars hotel with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
· Ability to manage all Revenue management activities
· English speaking and Revenue related system literacy
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Strong computer-related skills
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Anantara, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
- They have the ability to plan and prioritise work in order to achieve targets and deadlines
- They can effectively support and supervise other members of the department to achieve business results.
- They have a proven ability to negotiate to achieve a desired outcome.
- They have a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally using written and spoken English.
- They are highly financially literate, and proficient in business financials
· Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
· Taking Responsibility:
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manage their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
· Delivering Results:
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.