Assistant Financial Controller
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: RAKxa Fully Integrative Wellness & Medical Retreat
Minor Hotels is a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of over 76,000 rooms across more than 520 hotels, resorts and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana, NH Collection, NH Hotel, nhow, Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands. Today, Minor Hotels' hotel and spa portfolio spans across 54 countries in Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and the Americas. In addition, Minor Hotels also operates mixed-use business including shopping plazas & entertainment, residential properties, and a points-based vacation club.
You will be assisting the Financial Controller with the hotel's financial strategy, operational performance, financial reporting, setting up & optimizing internal controls, team management & development, capital expenditure review & developing productive relationships with 3rd parties in the region. The role will work closely with the Hotel General Manager, cross functional Executive Team & Corporate Office to set up, establish & drive the performance of the hotel.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field & professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience at managerial level that includes:
- Track record of driving hotel finance performance.
- Strong technical accounting, finance & taxation skills.
- Preparation, review, analysis & presentation of management & statutory reporting.
- Extensive Knowledge of hotel internal controls.
- Knowledge of budget process.
- Team Management, with ability to meet tight deadlines & coach team.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels.
- Rebranding/pre-opening experience & having set up and managed a cluster finance operation is an advantage.
- English skills: excellent verbal and written communication is required.
- Computer literate, including systems implementation & knowledge of Sun, Opera & Micros