Paymaster / General Cashier
- Salalah, Oman
- Company Location: Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· To collect and record the contents of all daily deposits.
· To maintain and control petty cash funds and record the disbursement.
· Preparing General Cashier daily reports.
· Prepare safe count sheet daily and submit to Financial Controller.
· Maintain adequate supply of small change for cashiers and service guest agents.
· Arrange the conversion of foreign currencies received from Front Office.
· Coordinate with Account Payable and Corporate Office regarding money transfer .
· To undertake any other duties as directed by Financial Controller.
· To ensure all monies are banked on a timely basis.
· Verify and forward Payroll Notification Form for approval.
· Verify and process Leave Application forms, Vacation Travel LPOs, Change of Status of employees, Cash Advance requests, Bank Loan application, Miscellaneous Services Request for Banquet casual staff etc.
· Calculate final settlement of employees leaving the employment; forward the final separation form approvals to the Accounts Payable upon approval.
· Coordinate with the H.R. department on the opening of bank accounts for new employees.
· The Paymaster checks the attendance sheets, with the supporting documents such as Leave Form, Payroll Notification, Sick Leave Form, Time & Attendance system etc., and enters the attendance details in to the payroll system.
· Verifies the staff city ledger summary and deducts the same from the salary payable.
· Prepare payroll reconciliation.
· Print payroll reports, check the salary register with monthly attendance sheet and tally gross and net pay of all individuals for the month, by department.
· Forward payroll reports to Financial Controller and General Manager for approval, after Chief Accountant’s review.
· Filing payroll reports and payslip copies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 1 years experience in Accounting or General Cashier
- Practical knowledge of MS Office especially excels and accounting systems.
- Self motivated, hardworking, good team player, service minded and able to work independently and under pressure
- Honest and having accountability
- Having guarantor person as company policy
Preference will be given to those who has experience in OASYS Payroll System