Leisure Sales Manager
- Salalah, Oman
- Company Location: Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager to join an award-winning luxury resort in Oman.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Initiate and develop long term relationships with leading luxury tour operators, travel agents and influential members of the travel industry to ensure market share and penetration
- Demonstrate an ability to promote a commercial business, develop tactical strategies and deliver presentations to organizations and key individuals to enhance the Resort's prominence in the market
- Maintain a high profile network with Tour Operators and Travel Agents across the geographical regions of Europe especially German-speaking markets, UK, Italy, France, Russia, and Eastern Europe.
- Monitor and analyze activities and trends of competitors with the ability to design, develop and implement strategic sales plans
- Continuously source new business through research and market intelligence.
- Be fully up to date with budgeted/actual/forecast targets and be responsible to continuously secure opportunities to position the brand and drive sales with trade partners
- Identify and communicate ideas and customer expectations from assigned segments and territory
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 3 years in luxury hospitality sales-related role especially in small boutique hotels
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management Degree or diploma
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. An additional language, such as German, French, and Italian will be highly regarded.
- Good computer knowledge as well as experience in Opera PMS