Corporate Director of Sales - Avani Hotels
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel
Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of more than 540 hotels in operation. Minor Hotels passionately explores new possibilities in hospitality with a diverse portfolio of properties designed intelligently to appeal to different kinds of travellers, serving new passions as well as personal needs. Through our Anantara, Avani, Oaks, Elewana, Tivoli, NH Hotels and Minor International properties, across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and Americas.
Provides functional direction to hotel sales and marketing staff within Avani Hotels to optimize opportunities through proactive planning and execution of marketing and sales plans and strategies which ultimately stimulate demand for room nights, drive incremental revenues.
- Bachelor's degree equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce MBA
- International strategic sales and distribution experience
- Previous experience as Director of Sales & Distribution in a luxurious hotel brand
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data
- Effectively communicates with all levels
- A strong leader, who can articulate a vision and translate it to reality
- Previous experience as Director of Sales & Distribution in a LIVE STYLE hotel brand.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with owners, industry and the business community.
- Develop Sales & Marketing property teams and promote Avani brand core principles, personality and guidelines consistency in their activity.
- Achievement of Budgeted Revenue Goals. Oversee the achievement of revenue targets for hotels within the Avani portfolio
- New Avani Openings. Work with the GM to appoint the correct Sales professionals for each opportunity. Oversee the sales work stream of the preopening. Identify and resolve all issues related to business mix and other sales issues.
- Annual Budgeting. Work with property DOSM’s and Revenue Managers to ensure proper pricing, appropriate transient and group mix and implementation of sales strategy. Work with the hotels to assist in setting the budgets
- Account Management. Ensure that each sales team fully understands the relative importance and priority of its current account base and manages segments and prioritizes its efforts accordingly.
- Ensure that each sales team is focused on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Relationship Management. Build long-term, value-based customer relationships with travel agents, wholesalers and other key industry contacts. Work closely with Marketing, PR and Operational leadership colleagues to successfully position the portfolio in the marketplace.
- Sales Team Leadership:
- Work with the GMs to ensure that each property has the correct sales leadership and structure in place to effectively capture all revenue generating opportunities for that property.
- Ensure that all Sales professionals have the appropriate skills to successfully do their job.
- Trade Shows and Sales Trips. Define and oversee the implementation plans for all coordinated sales efforts affecting multiple properties, particularly in relation to the key sales events of the year. Ensure maximum value for money from the investment.
- Must ensure that all brand standards and values are maintained at all times, by all stakeholders; Sales & Marketing and the hotels.
- Ensure effective use of revenue management systems/methods to maximize revenue opportunities and achieving RevPar targets.
- Ensure synergy in the use of hotel operating systems, technology and sales practices and the sharing of best practices.
- Develops and facilitates productive and interactive relationships between sales and marketing, public relations, distribution marketing and channel management in the hotels as well as within the multi-unit wholesale and MICE team
- Works with the Marketing Communication team in the development of advertising and sales promotions and plans, which support the achievement of profitability objectives at the hotel level within the assigned area with the established brand values
- Works with marketing in the overseeing of product development for customers in order to support and strengthen the brands.
- Works with Global Sales network in conjunction with the Director of Global Sales to provide sales and marketing services to all Avani Hotels.
- Supports and executes project works particularly on re-brand, hotel refurbishment and new openings.