Director of Finance
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Location: Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
The Director of Finance is responsible for ensuring that all the financial affairs of the hotel are conducted to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. High ethical standards are necessary to maintain both competitive advantage and the pride and confidence of our associates, and to provide quality products and services to customers and clients.
- A Qualified Accountant
- At least 5 years Finance leadership experiences in an international hotel companies with evidence tracked record of achievements.
- Strong in inter-personal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and computer literate
- Strong analytical skills with good business acumen
- Strong in driving results and people management and development
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Lead the financial input into the formulation and implementation of the Hotel Strategic Plan and Budget, and any other key strategic planning exercises.
· Maximize cash flow performance of the hotel.
· Establish adequate internal controls and procedures for all revenues and expenses and safeguard all of assets.
· Dealing honestly and fairly with clients, customers, suppliers and financial partners. The long-term success of the Company depends upon establishing mutually beneficial relationships.
· Maintaining and reporting accurate and timely financial and operating information and provide analysis interpretations and projections. (follow the guidelines established in the finance manual)
· Taking responsibility for the professional development of all Finance staff. This includes identifying training needs, and supporting the release of staff to attend training.
· Obtaining appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintaining an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
· Providing safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
· Maintaining his/her own professional competence.