Thai Chef de Partie - 6 month contract
- Bodh Gaya, Bihar, India
- Company Location: Oaks Bodhgaya
Known as the crucible of Buddhism, Bodhgaya is located in Bihar and said to be where the wandering Prince Siddhartha attained enlightenment beneath a bodhi tree and became Buddha 2600 years ago. With history tracing back to 500BC, this small temple town is to Buddhists what Mecca is to Muslims, attracting thousands of pilgrims from around the world every year. A visit to the hallowed site of the Bodhi tree is a must-visit on the grounds of the Mahabodhi Temple. There are many other sacred sites to visit in this colourful city including the 80ft tall Great Buddha statue made of sandstone and red granite.
The Thai Chef de Partie is a contract role for 6 months over peak season from October through to March. In this role, it will be your responsibility to ensure only the highest quality of food & beverage for our guests through meticulous consistency, taste and presentation of all dishes. Additionally you will be resonsible for odering Thai Cuising cooking items, maintaining proper control of orders and purchases and ensuring that all deliveries are received and handled efficiently and in line with hotel standards. You will review the food cost to ensure that it is in line with the budget, with the goal of securing profit margins while maintaining the the quality of the Thai cuisine to match the expectations of our guests. This role will be
• Thai Cuisine related Culinary degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of industry and culinary management experience.
• Previous experience with controlling food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, pricing, and training of culinary team members.
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Passion for leadership and teamwork
• Excellent guest service skills
Package includes salary, relocation flights, accomodation and medical insurance. There is the potential to gain full time employment with a Minor Hotel after completion of the 6 month contract.