FEMALE Lifeguard (Beach and Pool UAE Certified)
- Sir Bani Yas Island-Al Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, ae
- Company Location: Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara
Sir Bani Yas Island is a protected wildlife sanctuary just off the coast of Abu Dhabi, founded by His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Home to free-roaming animals, including the near extinct Arabian Oryx, the island offers a distinct escape from the world. Located on the north shore between a lagoon and the open ocean, guests of Desert Islands also enjoy access to the facilities of sister resorts Al Sahel and Al Yamm.
· Assist the Recreation Supervisor to manage effective operations of the Recreation department in meeting the standards of the resort.
· Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of areas including swimming pool, villa pools and the beach areas adhering to regulations required by the local authorities.
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform, appearance and posture of all recreation employees.
· Monitor and control the inventories for operating equipment and supplies.
· Adhere with the enforcement of risk management, safety policies, regulations and procedures.
· Monitors accident, incident and emergency situation reports.
· Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows safety policy and procedures concerning safety, reporting and monitoring as per standards.
· Assist the management for conducting a rehearsal of the Emergency Action Plan at least once every two weeks before beach/pool opens.
· Ensure that designated swimming areas and facilities are maintained in clean and safe conditions.
· Provide storage for all lifeguard and boundary marking equipments.
· Brief the Pool attendants on rules and regulations of the recreational areas.
· Assist in setting up and maintaining all safety signage and emergency equipments in line with the municipality regulation.
· Is responsible for the safety of guests and employees that are inside the designated swimming areas (beach/pool) during the posted business hours.
· Must be a certified Life Guard of any of the world Life Guard Associations and of active status.
§ Artificial Resuscitation (mouth-to-mouth)
§ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
· Is responsible for the safety set-up at the beach/pool which includes:
§ Set up of the life saving floatation devices along the shoreline/around the pool.
§ Correct flag (colors) must be put up during business hours.
§ Rescue Surfboard/Boat ready on the shoreline.
§ First Aid Kit at the beach/pool chair/post.
§ Posting of business hours.
§ Depth of the pool (s).
§ Water & Air Temperatures.
§ Wind force/Wind speed
· Is responsible for keeping swimmers / snorkel out of boat tracks or any other hazardous area.
· Is responsible for responding to any emergency within the hotel / resort swimming area / pool area.
· Is responsible for ensuring that all Water Sports activities or Pool Activities are executed according to the Security Rules.
· Is responsible for a temporary replacement while taking a break for any reason.
· Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by the recreation Manager or his/her delegate.
· May be called upon at time to perform other related tasks not specifically included in this description.