- Livingstone, Zambia
- Company Location: Avani Victoria Falls Resort
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
We’re seeking a talented and driven individual to join our Accounting team, who is responsible for performing and maintaining accounting ledger, financial reporting and performing financial analysis.
Duties and responsibilities including:
- Perform general ledger functions including journal entry preparation and general ledger account reconciliations
- Perform Accounts Payable functions including review of payable bills and expense report transactions
- Prepare P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis
- Assist Controller with various tax and state filings
- Support the department to prepare audit items
- Proactively review operating procedures and seek process improvements to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- ACCA or CIMA level II, ZICA Professional or Degree in Accountancy from a recognized institution.
- Windows packages (Excel & Word) and ability to use ACCPAC
- One - Two years’ Finance work-related work experience