Cluster Revenue Manager
- Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Company Location: FCC Angkor Managed by Avani
From our very first days in Phnom Penh and in Siem Reap, FCC has been the meeting place for intrepid adventurers, locals and visitors, from around the world. FCC brings together spirited people where, in colonial settings perfect for conversation, good food and drink have always been the order of the day. And, where sharing information and telling of stories both big and small, myths have been born.
In the early days, Phnom Penh fell silent at sun down, and the choices for places to eat were just handful. The FCC proved popular with foreign journalists and aid workers, who gathered around the bar for a cold beer and to swap tales. The FCC became the cornerstone of the capital’s river front district.
In Siem Reap, only a trickle of visitors crossed the borders. The focus then was great food and serving a little bit of luxury to travelers weary after long days of tomb raiding. As the number of visitors increased, so did expectations. People wanted a place to stay and some care and pampering. The hotel rooms and Visaya Spa grew from those requests.
As Cluster Revenue Manager, you will set and effectively communicate the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and pre-determined seasonality. You will further support and provide guidance for pricing in F&B, Spa and Other Revenue generating departments. Key areas of responsibility include:
· To prepare weekly accurate 3 months forecast for hotel rooms revenue by Market Segment/Day.
· To prepare monthly accurate 12 months forecast for hotel rooms revenue by Market Segment.
· To actively participate in the production of the hotel’s annual budget and to assist in the creation, update and evaluation of the hotel Sales and Marketing plan.
· To set and effectively communicate the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and pre determined seasonality.
· To prepare and chair a weekly Revenue Meeting. Collate and distribute meeting minutes of notes on forecast and strategy changes, including weekly action plan.
· To ensure compliance with brand, regional and owning company Processes and Procedures pertaining to Revenue Management.
· To continuously manipulate availability & rates while ensuring parity across all distribution channels. This allows maximum flexibility to capture all market buying patterns while optimising REVPAR.
· To introduce incremental revenue generators to maximise overall hotel revenue.
· To provide the sales team with performance analysis of top producing accounts, thus providing required analysis to support pricing and re-contracting.
· Set monthly targets of upselling revenue for front office and reservations department.
· Monitor competitor availability and pricing on a daily basis, using all available tools such as Industry Reports, Internet, Ring Around, Dummy Bookings etc, and subsequently analyse & report actual performance versus competitive set.
· Ensure available technology (PMS & RMS) is fully utilized and understood according to property specific business mix and requirements.
· Ensure optimal use, and measure performance on all distribution channels, to ensure that fair market share is achieved if not surpassed, e.g. iHotelier, GDS, Anantara.com, Tour Operators, Small Luxury Hotels, Regional and Corporate Sales Offices.
· Assist the Sales & Marketing Team in devising marketing campaigns, to ensure that the Hotel reaches the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
· Maintaining high standards of data quality through system maintenance.
· Responsible to drive maximum revenues through preferred Booking channels by applying relevant pricing and inventory management.
· Ensure weekly/monthly reporting to the regional/corporate office is adhered to in a timely manner.
· Implement a database of historical data and supervise its continuous daily capture, and subsequently produce a calendar of events required for revenue and pricing decisions.
· Carry out analysis of Booking Patterns & Market Trends, and ensure that these are recorded to facilitate future decisions.
· Liaise with Corporate Marketing to ensure all promotion / programmes are fully understood and right for the business.
· Understand the dynamics of the Global, National, Regional & Local Political and Economic Market, local Competitors and all demand generators for the destination.
· Be responsible for all Recruitment & Selection into the Revenue/Reservation department.
· Ensure an effective Training & Development Calendar is in place & adhered to, that all Team members have a Personal Development Plan and clearly defined objectives, and that a Succession Plan exists within the department.
• Bachelor degree in hotel management or finance.
• Minimum 3 years holding Revenue Manager position with comparable hotel brand/company.
• Familiar with the hotel operations, available technology (PMS & RMS) and all distribution channels.
• Understand the dynamics of regional & local markets, as well as local competitors and events.
• Results oriented and able to work under pressure.