Senior IT Officer - Application
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
1. Job Purpose
Responsible for application support and development, plan, analysis, database design, programming and implementation of POS software applications (Front of House-FoH/Back of House-BoH), online validation system to integrate with 3PL system (NCR POS Aloha) and sales consolidation system to improve performance and data accuracy with multiple POS system platform integration. Taking application support role to develop and improve business system architecture including using industrial best practices. Contribute to skills development, analysis for other team members. Contribute in transformation of critical business systems and business reporting applications to enable a global organization expanding internationally.
2. Main Responsibilities
POS Solution and Service Delivery:
· Primarily responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of POS end-user and customer help desk reported issues. Including NCR POS software applications (FoH/BoH), MS SQL, and Windows. Troubleshooting and diagnosis of POS and Windows server hardware experience is also required
· Focal support for NCR Menulink application including system improvement for Food business
· Gather clear and documented requirements from business users and key stakeholders.
· Design database, Interface and programs under an industry standard PC environment, for example; Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access, Visual Basic etc.
· Make use of reporting tools to produce reports that meet user’s requirements for instance; MS Excel, Power BI reporting etc.
· System implementation including all type of testing (unit, QA, regression, etc).
· Develop technical and user manuals, and other necessary documentations.
· Perform user training and post implementation support.
· Catch up with new technologies, for Web based technology and XML web services.
· Interfaces with key business users as well as IT Business partner team in all companies (brands) under The Minor Food Group.
IT Vendor Coordination:-
· Coordinate with outside IT vendors, such as NCR, Professional Services, IBM, Simat, etc.
· Coordinate with 3rd party developers to complete software development projects on time and on budget.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· At least Bachelor degree in Computer Engineer/Science or IT or any related fields.
· At least 3 years of hands-on programming experience in MS access, SQL Query language, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Excel Advance (programming and pivot).
· At least 2 years of experience with data warehouse programming, business intelligence, ETL logic, data schema, and business report programming.
· At least 2 years of experience in developing software and data warehouse applications using SQL database, MS Access, Visual basic.
· At least 2 years of experience in developing reports using MS Excel, Crystal report, and web programming.
· At least 2 years of experience in POS solution as well as data interfaces, APIs, and sending data into Oracle ERP financials or similar ERP financial systems is preferable.
· Understanding of Cloud Technology concept to be able to adapt the future/innovation assignment specially POS solution related
· Lead programmer experience in software development and data warehousing projects.
· Ability to work in agile teams by defining and planning work on a team backlog, and determining ways for the team to be successful in meeting its outcomes
· Competency in ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Change Management
· Possess customer service orientated mindset.
· Understands basic financial systems (Sales, Inventory, and Sales Reconciliation) and how to support them.
· Proficiency in English language an advantage.