Senior IT Officer – System Support
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
1. Job Purpose
Responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of all Minor stores’ end-users and service desk (IBM) reported issues including NCR POS software applications (Aloha, MenuLink), MS SQL, and Windows as well as any other POS solutions. Troubleshooting and diagnosis of POS, Windows server hardware, Mobility OS (iOS, Android), Network and Communication experience is also required. Monitor business user and end-user reported problems to identify potential areas requiring further intervention, and communicate to appropriate personnel. Perform technical testing and reproduction of business user and end-user reported issues on lab systems when needed. Review and update technical support documentation to ensure information is complete and accurate. Collaborate with third-party vendors to resolve software/hardware issues reported by business users and end-users. Participate in applicable phases of projects involving installation, configuration, testing, and deployment of new releases of POS software and related applications
2. Main Responsibilities
· Troubleshooting and diagnosis of POS and Windows server hardware, Mobility OS (iOS, Android), Network and Communication
· Work closely with IT Application, IT Business Partner as well as other Food IT team to provide professional technical and system support
· Work with Network and support provider in order to establish the connection from Store to Minor Data Center help desk reported issues.
· Develop technical and user manuals, and other necessary documentations.
· Catch up with new technologies
· Interfaces with key store users in all companies (brands) under The Minor Food Group as well as IT Application and IT Business Partner team
· Coordinate with 3rd party/outsourcing team to deliver their quality of work to archive SLA according to the contract
· Interfaces with key business users as well as IT Business partner team in all companies (brands) under The Minor Food Group.
IT Vendor Coordination:-
· Coordinate with outside IT vendors, such as NCR, Professional Services, IBM, Simat, etc.
· Coordinate with 3rd party developers to complete software development projects on time and on budget.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· At least Bachelor degree in Computer Engineer/Science or IT or any related fields.
· At least 5 years of experience with System administration experience on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. High skill level with most Operating System commands/utilities
· Fundamental understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, patching, system security standards, and virtualization/cloud technologies
· Experience in any POS solution as well as data interfaces, APIs, and sending data into Oracle ERP financials or similar ERP financial systems is preferable.
· Possess customer service orientated mindset.
· Ability to work in agile teams by defining and planning work on a team backlog, and determining ways for the team to be successful in meeting its outcomes
· Competency in ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Change Management
· Proficiency in English language an advantage.