Compensation & Benefit Specialist
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
1. Job Purpose:
Own and responsible for various implementation of compensation and benefits policies and programs which focus on pay for performance philosophy. To ensure compliance, manage process and monitoring for compensation and benefits policies and programs, which includes managing performance of HR outsourcing service providers.
2. Main Responsibilities:
· Co-plan, develop, and implement compensation and benefits programs that align among Minor and MINT Business Groups.
· Co-plan and evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, system and procedures against market trends and/or best practices, develop, revamp and roll-out those agreed total rewards programs (including communication to all employees and other stakeholders).
· Assist Compensation & Benefit Director to review market benchmark surveys, analyse market data and company’s pay competitiveness and support in the development of recommendations for salary increase budgets, salary structures update and bonus targets as appropriate.
· Research to improve benefit programs – health and welfare, retirement plans, life insurance and disability and the company wellness plans, with the support of brokers and outsourced vendors.
· Prepare qualitative and quantitative analysis in collaboration with Finance to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis.
· As assigned by Compensation & Benefits Director, represent Minor in negotiations with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration.
· Ensure the accuracy of payments and entitlements (salary, incentive bonus, annual bonus, EJIP and everything that is related to compensation)
· Assist Compensation & Benefit Director in ensuring programs are market competitive, aligned with Minor 5-year people strategy, consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
· Monitor and take appropriate action to manage all elements in people cost related to employee compensation & benefits.
· Organise and propose annual plan related to total rewards, i.e. annual health check, provident fund performance update, retiree list alert, service award list, etc.
· Manage ground-work and execution of all annual compensation & benefits events such as bonus and salary review, health & life insurance renewal, travel insurance renewal, SOS, etc.
· Assist C&B Director to develop annual C&B Plan and Budget with other corporate HR team members.
· Coordinate various executive compensation programs that is owned by other units, including EJIP, bonus programs to ensure that they are consistent with Minor business strategies and goals and are well communicated and understood.
· Solve various day-to-day issues related to employees’ compensation and benefits.
· Monitor HR expense and liaise with Accounting Shared Service for the accuracy of HR department cost.
· Be a point of contact and subject expert for all payment matters and HR audit process (external audits, annual/interim audit)
Advising and Consulting Role
· Keep abreast of the current trends and be able to provide specialized counsel and guidance on programs that are competitive in the industry and frequently benchmark best practices.
· Provide guidance on policy and guideline interpretations, and compliances as well as provide creative solutions to complex problems.
· Ensure employees are properly educated on employment related regulations, tax and labour law related knowledge as needed.
· Provide advice to all employees both domestic and foreign employees as appropriate
Compliance and Tax
· Ensure that all aspects of plan design and administration are in compliance with applicable Thailand or any other related countries’ local rules and regulations.
· Coordinate with internal tax team in drawing the conclusion of various tax issues related to employees’ compensation and benefits
· Maintain awareness and seek new knowledge of local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance and advises of any potential implication to company programs and policies.
· Be the HR owner for the retirement provision to work closely with Accounting Shared Service and able to provide advice on the matter
Managing HR Outsourcing Service
· Oversee and monitor the work performance of Outsourcing service provider on the administration of compensation and benefits processing, recording and reporting.
· Co-build system to aid work process and debottleneck all problem areas.
· Research, analyse and recommend modifications to strengthen existing service to be improved in short term and long term.
· Recommend and help implement enhancements to benefits and compensation modules in HRIS with Outsourcing service provider.
· Manage expatriate employees’ relocation program related to Compensation & Benefit as well as transition.
· Adhere to the company’s employee rules & regulations.
· Attend and contribute to all training sessions, meetings and activities as required.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant business partners.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum bachelor degree in Business Management or any related fields.
· Minimum 5 years direct experience in C&B with proven record of successfully implementing total reward solutions, including a strong emphasis on compensation and benefits design, incentive plan design, and/or HRIS
· Knowledge on all specific regulations pertaining to benefit enrolment and income tax
· Proficiency in English & Thai language
· Computer literate (MS Excel advanced level)
· Strong skills in driving for results
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.