- Muscat, Oman
- Company Location: Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
Are you passionate about purchasing at the very top end of the market ? Do you have an eye for detail and can-do attitude in getting the best deals ? You are tenacious, flexible and you can get things done even on short notice ? You have a good network and the drive to extend it further ?
We are looking for an experienced PURCHASING MANAGER to join as soon as possible.
As Purchasing Manager you need to see yourself as an enthusiastic individual who can communicate easily with both your fellow team members and hotel suppliers. Please see below for the tasks and necessary or requested qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years experience in luxury hotels as Purchasing Manager (required)
- Experience as Purchasing Manager in Oman (highly beneficial) or GCC-country
- Excellent negotiation skills and knowledge in procurement administration (required)
- Capability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Driving license valid for Oman (beneficial).
- College education in a related field (beneficial)
- Knowledge of Check SCM (beneficial)
- Experience with living in remote locations
The Purchasing Manager is based on the resort on Jabal Akhdar, Oman.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Sourcing supplies, services and negotiating commercial terms for the best possible outcome
· Processing all purchase requests submitted by Department/Outlets
· Coordinating with the Cost Controller to maintain optimal stock levels for efficient operation of departments
· Maintaining regular communication with departments on deliveries and outstanding orders.
· Liaising with suppliers and representatives to research new products
· Regular market checks to guarantee the best deals for the resort, networking with colleagues and suppliers to ensure best conditions and knowledge of all changes in the market
· Managing a team with 6 subordinates
· Optimizing the logistics in a remote location and managing the transportation cars