Director of Learning and Development
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision. To be a Global Operator of Multiple Food Brands with the objective of providing 100% Satisfaction to all stakeholders.
We also share an inspiring organization culture: Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here. If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in driving sales, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Minor Food is right for you
To build people capability through develop, implement, and maintain Learning & Development (L&D) systems to ensure that all people development policies and procedures in line with the Company’s requirements and be able to deliver business performance that align with company goals.
- Delivers workplace learning, performance improvement programs, and initiatives to best achieve long-term business success; add value in meeting brand needs by identifying and implementing learning and performance improvement strategies that support the brand’s strategic direction; promotes a continuous learning culture;
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure operation leaders i.e. Operation Managers, Area Coaches, Managers’ and The Pizza Company employees’ leadership skills are developed by means of their competencies and employees are trained on the needed skills to successfully perform their jobs to attain service excellence.
- Ensure the efficient running of the Training department, ensuring that all the policies and procedures outlined are strictly adhered to.
- Creates and adheres to an annual budget for all L&D programs, Training resources and initiatives.
- Update L&D strategic plan annually.
- Plan, develop and implement training, both in-house and external training, that address company-wide and unit-specific training and development needs.
- Assess and determine the quality and content of training including course design, instruction, program evaluations, training materials and learning reinforcement strategies to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Prepare training related reports on performance and make appropriate recommendation to address concerned issues.
- Monitor training and development activities and provide guidance to improve the effectiveness as necessary. Coach and counsels employees when applicable, including the monitor of IDPs.
- Develop and maintain training materials such as manuals, training aids, database, records, forms, ensuring that they are up to date.
- Prepare and manage the Training budget, ensuring that the budget is strictly adhered to, that all costs are controlled and that expenditures are properly approved.
- Develop and maintain Training Stores and ensuring that the standards and performance of Training Stores are maintained at all times.
- Maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling and multi-tasking to meet the business goals as well as customer expectations.
- Develop operation to be the good coach through Train the Trainer certification program
- Assist Training Manager to manage an effective training programs related to Product & Service Excellence and ensure all concerned Manuals are updated regularly and training checklists are turned in for new hires.
- Evaluates the effect of training programs and initiatives through measuring results and monitoring behavioural change
- Being business partner/ advisor with operation to drive people performance to achieve service excellence culture and operation excellence as targeted.
- Develop operation team through career succession plan (CSP)
- Assists Managers with writing their development plans, ensuring the contents are focused on experience-based learning
- Assist Manager to ensure new management to the company are given the knowledge and skills to successfully complete their 90-day probationary period by On-boarding program.
- Analyse the result of performance appraisal and ensure that all Area Coaches and OM are to be developed accordingly by working closely with all OM
- Support/ conduct various activities including manager meetings on a regular basis, manager’s conference and other functions.
- Work closely with COE in term of policy and procedure monthly meeting and reports, strategic planning, people development
- Capability of training and development for all levels of staff.
- Proficiency in English and computer literate
- Strong skills in driving for results
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong skills in people management and development.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Management or any related fields.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years in management level with international companies.
- Working 5 days a week (Flexible hour-early morning and late night)
- Able to work and visit stores on weekend and holidays, as needed
- Conduct, facilitate classes in English
- Lead/coordinate training activities
- Contact government
- English presentation skill
- Can be a trainer
- High level of coaching e.g. one-on-one coaching with operation manager and area coach
- Ability to use computer programs
- Be able to travel to upcountry & oversee