- Muscat, Oman
- Company Location: Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort, the highest five star resort in the Middle East on the curving rim of a great canyon, is a secluded haven for the intrepid and discerning. 35 km from Nizwa, the resort features panoramic views from the cliff-edge infinity pool. A total of 115 luxury rooms and villas overlook either the dramatic canyon or tranquil gardens and a spa-like bathroom complete with a rain shower. A selection of six dining venues to choose from, Al Qalaa a fine dining Arabian grill concept, Bella Vista a Roman inspired restaurant overlooking the grand canyon, Al Maisan all day dining serving world classics and cooking classes or Al Baha the café deli situated in the open air courtyard. Celebrate on Diana’s Point platform with a unique private dining experience overlooking the canyons. The resort presents travellers with authentic experiences, allowing them to explore the nearby culture, history and landscape. Activities include Via Ferrata, hiking, cultural tours, abseiling, mountain climbing, archery and mountain biking.
As a Villa Host, you are required to maximize and exceed guest-s satisfaction by providing highly personalized, efficient and responsive service with attention to details, and anticipating guest-s needs. Take ownership and leadership of all villas assigned to you including supervising, directing, assisting and ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of guest villas. Villa Host is instrumental to achieve our goal in providing the highest professional standards of service to our guests.
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in English, foreign languages an advantage
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Butler/Villa Host; preferably in a similar quality hotel
• A friendly and outgoing behaviour
• Proactive, resourceful and able to work independently
• Has strong decision making abilities
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITES (VILLA HOST SERVICE)
- Initiates contact with guests prior to their arrival and proactively gathers preferences.
- Ensures all tools and equipment are prepared/stacked/organised in the residence pantry at all times.
- Ensures to attend all the briefings conducted & follow up with daily arrivals, departures and other important information’s.
- Ensures to place guest courtesies, complementary items, and amenities in the villas as specified and carries out its delivery and timely clearance.
- Is prepared to carry out Arrivals and Departures according to set procedures.
- Makes necessary mis-en-place in the allocated pantry to facilitate efficient service.
- Ensures the Private cellar is checked and stocked prior to guest arrival. Also ensures that the Private cellar is refilled and the bills made during the stay. (Royal Villa)
- Is knowledgeable of the service and quality of all types of wines available in the Private cellar.
- Is aware of the procedures for laundry valet service and is ready with requirements to carry out same in a professional manner.
- Maintains log books, making log entries as per the log standards and going through it every day as soon as coming to shift.
- Attends daily briefings and meetings as scheduled.
- Checks guest profiles and guest history of specific guests allocated to him prior to the guest arrival and be familiar with all the information.
- Ensures the Villa is set up according to the guest preferences and follows up with ‘other’ areas according to the details available in the guest history.
- Ensures all arrivals amenities such as fruit platter, beverages according to VIP codes; cold towels, foot rituals and welcome drinks are in order.
- Checks the arrival Villa prior to the guest arrival as per the standards and make a check list and report to the concerned departments. If any work is to be carried out before the guest checks in.