Chief Accountant - Omani National
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Location: Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort, the highest five star resort in the Middle East on the curving rim of a great canyon, is a secluded haven for the intrepid and discerning. 21 km from Nizwa, the resort features panoramic views from the cliff-edge infinity pool. A total of 115 luxury rooms and villas overlook either the dramatic canyon or tranquil gardens and a spa-like bathroom complete with a rain shower. A selection of six dining venues to choose from, Al Qalaa a fine dining Arabian grill concept, Bella Vista a Roman inspired restaurant overlooking the grand canyon, Al Maisan all day dining serving world classics and cooking classes or Al Baha the café deli situated in the open air courtyard. Celebrate on Diana’s Point platform with a unique private dining experience overlooking the canyons. The resort presents travellers with authentic experiences, allowing them to explore the nearby culture, history and landscape. Activities include Via Ferrata, hiking, cultural tours, abseiling, mountain climbing, archery and mountain biking.
You have experience in all areas of Hotel Finance ? You already showed outstanding performance as General Accountant, Financial Accountant or Chief Accountant (or similar jobs) in a luxury hotel ? You are committed to always delivering accurate figures and reports in time ? You are familiar with cash management, balance sheet reconciliations and payroll administration ?
We are looking for an experienced CHIEF ACCOUNTANT.
As Chief Accountant you need to see yourself as a strong support for the Director of Finance and take on responsibility for outstanding performance of the accounting team.
Please see below for the tasks and necessary or requested qualifications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Guidance and control of the accounting team
· Authorization of Purchase Orders in Absence of DOF and AFC
· Checking and preparation of payroll for payment and posting
· Checking of payments submitted from Accounts Payable
· Checking of daily reports from Income Auditor
· Checking and authorization of petty-cash-payments
· Tax computation and payments
· Monthend closing of Inventory and Cost Controlling System (Check-SCM)
· Preparation and processing of monthend postings
· Monthend reporting and ad-hoc-reports as required
· Account Reconciliations
· Develop ways to gain additional efficiency and reduce costs
· Stand-in for the Assistant Financial Controller or Director of Finance in case of their absence
· Minimum 2 years of experience in luxury hotels as General Accountant, Financial Accountant or Chief Accountant (or similar)
· Working experience in GCC-area is required, working history in Oman is considered highly beneficial.
· Very good spoken and written English.
· Ability to deliver accurate reports and information in time.
· Driving license valid for Oman (beneficial).
· College education in a related field (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance).
· Knowledge of SUN, Opera and Micros.
· Knowledge of Check SCM (beneficial).
· Experience with living in remote locations.
· References from within MINOR Hotels are highly appreciated.
The Chief Accountant is based on the resort on Jabal Akhdar, Oman.