Operations Officer - Supply Chain Management
- Bangkok, Thailand
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
Operations Officer is responsible for processing purchase orders to ensure compliance with procurement policy in terms of vendor selection, approval level etc., and establish / maintain value-adding relationships to vendors, thereby ensuring availability of products / services in scope of responsibility while optimizing procurement cost by leveraging consolidated business requirements, and optimizing the quality of goods and services procured.
· Process purchase requirements/orders efficiently in terms of process cost and order cycle times, thus ensuring availability of goods and services.
· Ensure compliance of the operational procurement process with procurement policy in terms of vendor selection, approval rules regarding products /services, qualities, quantities, prices, etc., and adherence to the negotiated optimum terms.
· Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
· Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; minotoring and expediting orders.
· Ensure that orders are filled and supplies are delivered as requested by BU.
· Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery with the best quality of products.
· Maintain working relationship with internal customers by providing high quality customer services.
· Ensure efficient complaints management (returns, claims) in cooperation with Finance and internal customers (requesters / receivers of goods and services).
· Investigaing and determining what/how/why material came in incorrectly or damaged (for non conformances).
· Verifies receipt of items and resolves shipment in error with suppliers.
· Monitoring price increases and communicating changes as necessary.
· Assisting with stock relations as needed.
· Manage the supply base, evaluating vendors and developing them in order to maintain value-adding vendor relations.
· Manage and review PO outstanding report in cooperation with suppliers and internal customers (requesters, receivers and storekeepers) and update it in system.
· To aware and alert of the new market trends, technology and other innovative ideas and products and keep all team members updated.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Supply Chain
·At least 1 years experience in procurement or supply chain management
- Strong system and analytical skills
- Ability to extract and compile data from multiple systems
- Advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc), MS Access / Oracle Datawarehouse
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with keen understanding of relevant cost drivers for demand management
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Able to work under pressure