Assistant System Engineer Manager
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
Responsible for engineering/technical design, information security and operation services of IT Infrastructure to deliver best practices, solutions and technologies to Minor group businesses.
- Deliver, engineer, design and operate technology solution that cover both based infrastructure and competitive edge Technologies to MINOR GROUP in line with target Infrastructure Architecture
- Information Security focal point
- Operational focus ensuring high availability of IT service that meet the agreed SLA and minimize risk of service interruption.
- Together with IBM manage Minor’s owned data center.
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 7 years experience with success story and solid knowledge in technical support environment including involvement in the business engagement proposing IT solution and cost/benefit justifications.
- Customer focus and ability to communicate and engage well with businesses users at all level to understand their need and able to clearly articulate IT solution, cost and benefits.
- Demonstrate success in coordinating and managing several concurrent projects
- Familiar with ITIL and standard/best practices IT service management, operation and processes.
- Good knowledge and solid hands on experience of Microsoft Back office systems (Messaging, AD, Windows Servers, etc.), Linux, AIX®, SAN Storage, TCP/IP Networking, Cloud Infrastructure. Knowledge of Database Management is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Information security industry best practices and standards.
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of technology development life cycles.
- Attention to detail as well as broad and conception thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and self-initiative
- Good command in English