Category Manager - Direct Sourcing
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Company Location: Bangkok
Minor International (MINT) is a global company focused on three core businesses: restaurants, hospitality and lifestyle brands distribution. MINT is one of Asia’s largest restaurant companies with over 2,000 outlets operating system-wide in 19 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen’s, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Thai Express, The Coffee Club, BreadTalk (Thailand) and Riverside brands. MINT is also a hotel owner, operator and investor with a portfolio of 155 hotels and serviced suites under the Anantara, AVANI, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, JW Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis, Radisson Blu and Minor International brands in 24 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. MINT is one of Thailand’s largest distributors of lifestyle brands focusing primarily on fashion, home and kitchenware and contract manufacturing. Its brands include Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Esprit, Bossini, Etam, Charles & Keith, Pedro, Radley, Anello, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Joseph Joseph and ETL Learning. Bemynt is MINT’s e-commerce platform offering premium fashion and lifestyle products. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
The Category Manager will report directly to the Sr. Manager – Direct Sourcing, Supply Chain Management Hotel and supports project related initiatives to the operations of the hotels. This is a hand’s on role and supports multiple Supply Chain initiatives across all hotels.
Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects as well as routine and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques. This requires a broad knowledge of local and international supplier’s capabilities and the ability to influence these suppliers to meet our objectives on products, prices and service levels. Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed. This position will drive partnerships between multi-functional stakeholders such as SCM Hotel Managers, IT, R&D, Marketing team, and Finance. Primary responsibility is to ensure forecasts that the organization transacts against meets the sales and financial goals of the business unit while optimizing inventory utilization. This position will also have responsibilities supporting contract management, analytical reporting and executive communications.
· Help to design and align new supply chain demand processes and policies with business processes
· Develop Strategic sourcing for the responsible categories
· Work with key strategic partners to develop long term relationships
· Identify cost savings opportunities through global, regional, local sourcing, substitute products, product engineering with related category managers/specialist, Operations, suppliers and business partners
· Prepare reports and required documents for initiatives and projects
· Work closely with SCM-Hotel Risk Management and SCM - Hotel QA & SCM - Hotel Operations as well as Properties in order to ensure a smooth operation.
· Act independently to lead a team in the implementation of all aspects of project management
· Manage large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting department goals
· Lead discrete supply chain projects related to operational strategy, planning and execution
· Analyze and recommend purveyor partners bids, proposals and/or contracts through category deep dives and 360 supplier meetings.
· Facilitate new product roll-outs or changes in a timely manner
· Manage all supply contracts and establish a contingency plan for core products.
Coaching and teaching of direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Supply Chain, MBA preferred
- Experience forecasting in a consumer products environment utilizing Oracle based products
- Strong system and analytical skills
- Ability to extract and compile data from multiple systems/sources and then make recommendations.
- Advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc), MS Access / Oracle Data warehouse
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited data exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Diversified background with significant exposure to Supply Chain management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with keen understanding of relevant cost drivers for demand management
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through new business processes
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Flexible and responsive to change