Assistant Accounting Manager
- Bangkok, Thailand
A unique ownership product offering the opportunity for five-star holidays in choice destinations. The vacation lifestyle is yours to explore with Anantara and affiliated destinations, from one exotic locale to the next, for your family today and generations to come.
The Assistant Manager, Accounting Services is responsible for the production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all AVC legal entities and operating departments. This includes the operation of all associated processes, policies and internal controls in close coordination with MINT shared services.
The key responsibilities for this position fall under the following major headings:
- Preparation of a monthly reporting package comprising, but not limited to:
- Consolidated P&L statement (Actual vs. Budget and Forecast) in US$ for all legal entities and business units comprising the MINT-owned developer, supported b local currency P&L statements for all legal entities in each jurisdiction.
- P&L statements for each business unit and location.
- KPI’s and operating statistics - consolidated as well as for each operating location (in graphical as well as tabular format).
- A consolidated balance sheet in US$.
- Balance sheets for each legal entity in local currency
- Consolidated P&L statement for the Singapore domiciled Club.
- P&L statements for each resort and operating department.
- Club KPI’s and operating statistics
- A consolidated Club balance sheet.
- Drafting of annual financial statements for each legal entity in close coordination with MINT corporate shared services as well as local resources in each jurisdiction.
- Close liaison with MINT’s external auditors in relation the quarterly review of results and the full annual audit process.
- Supervise the processing and timely payment of liabilities to vendors.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Document, maintain, disseminate and enforce comprehensive and commercially appropriate internal control policies and procedures for AVC’s business.
- Liaise with MINT’s internal audit team regarding compliance with and enforcement of group-wide internal control policies and procedures.
- Provide training and advice to field operations management on internal controls, especially in relation to revenue, credit card and cash management issues.
- Report any internal control issues, concerns or breaches to AVC senior management.
- At least 7 years experience with using computerized accounting systems.
- A polite and tactful communication style within a multicultural working environment.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English.