Director of Business Development/Growth
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Clearance Required: US Citizen
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally.
Our relationship with you is for the long run because your success is our success. We invest in your success through fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
Beyond just excellent pay and benefits, you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
A position at MPG promises you
- A diverse organization
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any kind
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- A stable, established, and growing business
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Director of Growth who has a combination of capture, business development (BD), project management, and proposal management experience to lead complex and high-priority business opportunities, both Federal and Commercial. The Director of Growth assesses the opportunity, identifies the resources needed to pursue an opportunity, meets with clients, builds relationships with key partners, develops winning bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategy. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial drive and excitement to make a direct contribution to the growth of this dynamic small business, working across the company alongside other motivated colleagues. The Growth Director is responsible for the full lifecycle capture management from opportunity assessment through proposal execution. Duties include:
- Execution and oversight of the Federal and Commercial sales and proposal operations teams
- Qualify opportunities based on company criteria and priorities
- Identify opportunities through agency research, 3rd party market intelligence tools, client and partner networks
- Perform gate reviews or bid/no-bid decisions per MPG process guidelines
- Mentor and support non-BD Managers and staff in the identification and assessment of BD opportunities
- Coordinate and drive all phases of capture activities and strategy execution
- Meet with customer stakeholders to understand business needs and position MPG as a preferred contractor before release of solicitation
- Lead win strategy including win themes, competitive assessment, and pricing strategy discussion and prepares/completes strategic action plans, ROIs, and risk assessment
- Communicate overall capture progress to management; Escalate issues/concerns
- Oversees/reviews responses to Requests for Information and Sources Sought requests
- Provide market analysis, competitor analysis, gap analysis, and teaming advice
- Help negotiate with partnership teams and prepare input for NDAs and TAs (working with Contracts)
- Prepare and deliver update to senior leadership at specified milestones in the capture process (e.g. gate review)
- Fully support the proposal development process including strategy, themes, solutions, writing, schedules, staffing, pricing, past performance, resumes, and other proposal actions
- Ensure the capture team's strategy, themes, solution, and discriminators are reflected in the proposal
- Support transition and transfer of capture responsibility knowledge to the operations team upon contract award
- Utilize BD market intelligence accounts and subscriptions: GovWin, FBO, agency vendor portals, prime contractor vendor portals, and other systems
- Responsible for ensuring the pipeline is accurate and running weekly pipeline meetings
- Learn and adopt the MPG BD process for capture and proposals
- Lead BD-related training to management and staff
- Bachelors Degree required
- Must have at least 6+ years experience in capture management, ideally for IT projects in the Civilian public sector space. Experience with DOJ and Commerce, accounts preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to drive efforts to completion (PMP preferred but not required)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including verbal and presentation skills to individuals and groups, internally and externally
- Strong writing skills to include development of content incorporating key win themes in a clear and concise manner
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Field experience in IT security and/or having an IT degree preferred, but not required
- Desired familiarity and/or usage with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence software tools
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled