Human Resources (HR) Generalist
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Clearance Required: US Citizen
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
We are seeking an HR Generalist that will help set the standards of company excellence at MindPoint Group. Not only will the candidate cultivate a professional work environment, but the candidate will also help further MindPoint Group brand recognition as a cybersecurity thought leader and an employer of choice. This will involve the candidate having the ability to build strong relationships with hiring managers, executives, employees, and the community. The HR Generalist will perform the following duties:
Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments
Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute Human Resources (HR) programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
Analyze and produce quality reports on various HR metrics in areas to include, but are not limited to, hiring, attrition, employee experience trends, and more
Assist with employee reward distribution of the recognition program.
Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
Recommend strategies to engage employees and boost morale
Investigate complaints brought forward by employees
Manage the organization’s employee, files, HRIS employee database and prepare reports
Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
Convert employee new hire resumes into MPG format
Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
At the discretion of the HR Manager, support other HR activities and MPG tasks as needed.
- US Citizenship required
- Though the role is remote, this role requires occasional travel to our Alexandria, VA office. Due to this the candidate must be local to the DC/MD/VA area
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 4 years of experience as an HR Coordinator or HR Specialist
- Fundamental understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Strong oral presentation and delivery skills
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent workload management, organizational, writing, and oral communication skills
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Can embrace a collaborative, fun and dynamic company culture
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- Preference for experience working in an IT or Cyber related organization
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Government contracting exp. a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
- Able to travel to the Alexandria, VA office on short notice periodically
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.