Senior Network Engineer
- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: Secret
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
Note: This position will be 3 days on-site and 2 days remote
MindPoint Group is seeking a forward-thinking and self-motivated Senior Security Engineer to lead an exciting and transformative program in support of our US Federal Government customers. This exciting role requires an appetite for learning, experience with a variety of network tools and concepts, analytical and consulting skills, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative work environment. Professionalism in dealing with senior leaders within the Federal Government is important. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
The Engineer will:
- Identify and address client needs: build solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of services; communicate with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicate and manage potential conflicts
- Analyze and assess an Agency's existing capabilities and gaps in support of TIC 3.0, potential tools to fill gaps, and make recommendations to increase the program’s maturity and TIC 3.0 readiness
- Support the Agency’s Zero Trust Architecture and Migration Planning efforts, providing network engineering subject matter expertise to Agency leadership and working groups
- Support the Agency’s Enterprise Architecture design efforts, providing network engineering subject matter expertise to Agency leadership and working groups
- Evaluate the Agency’s existing Multi-Factor Authentication deployment plan, recommend improvements to the plan, and provide technical advisory support during implementation
- Research and analyze the Agency's Single Sign On requirements, provide technical recommendations to address requirements, support deployment planning, and provide technical advisory support during implementation
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in network technology and innovative tools
- Provide technical advisory support, such as demonstrations, knowledge sharing, or troubleshooting, to Agency teams during the planning and deployment of new tools or technologies promote successful integration within the Agency’s environment
- Provide advisory support to Agency leadership on responses to new network requirements and regulatory mandates (such as executive orders, emergency directives, binding operational directives, and data calls from governance and oversight bodies)
- Active Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience providing security engineering support to a federal agency
- Master’s degree in cybersecurity, information systems management, computer science, engineering, or a related discipline is preferred
- Ability to build relationships with professionals at all levels within an organization and become a trusted advisor
- Experience providing analysis and recommendations verbally or in written analytical deliverables
- Experience preparing and presenting analysis in the form of briefings and reports to senior executives and managers
- Experience with Zero Trust network tools, such as Zscaler or Palo Alto
- Experience implementing Multi-Factor Authentication capabilities and tools
- Experience implementing Single Sign On capabilities and tools
- Relevant cyber security related certifications: (CompTIA Security+, CASP, CISSP, CISM, ISSEP)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled