Senior Security Engineer (Endpoint)
- Remote, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Clearance Level: Secret
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
MindPoint Group is expanding one of its largest programs with a skilled Endpoint Security Engineer to focus on the deployment and configuration of a government client’s endpoint security tools and the integration of various, existing technologies in their environment. The onsite team members are already working to drive major client initiatives and define superior service delivery. We are looking for you to expand the team’s technical experience and to assume a leadership role in deploying endpoint security tools and supporting the client in their endpoint security strategy
.You will work with client leadership to:
- Perform deployment and configuration of Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) technologies in accordance with client needs;
- Design and document architectures for security tools and technologies to be used;
- Automate integrations between security solutions;
- Perform onboarding/offboarding of device logs according to operational requirements;
- Configure and/or validate log forwarders and processors;
- Help maintain the SIEM platform through regular tuning and updates coordinated with the SIEM Team;
- Create and update SIEM use cases;
- Support SOC security tools (including, but not limited to IDS/IPS, AV, EDR, Firewall, and DLP)
- Perform research and lead proof of concept efforts to determine where additional technologies may be necessary.
- Active Secret Clearance required
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) years of cyber security experience
- 3+ years direct experience integrating endpoint security tools with existing architectures (SentinelOne, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, GoSecure or other market leader)
- Experience deploying security tools in Incident Response environment
- Experience with providing technical support for system architecture, system design, system integration, and technical management
- Demonstrated functional understanding Windows/Linux operating systems and networks
- Scripting experience with PowerShell, bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Strong understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- CISSP, GCIH certifications are a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled