Senior Security Engineer (LINUX/VMWare/Backup Administrator)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: TS/SCI
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
MindPoint Group is seeking a Senior Security Engineer with LINUX/VMWare/backup administration experience for an exciting opportunity in Washington, DC. This individual’s responsibility will be for all hardware, operating systems, and administrative tasks within a Federal agency’s boundary.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility.
- Current active IAT level II certification is required and a current industry specific certification in LINUX, VMWare, CISCO or Industry Storage certification.
- Seeking a VMWare administrator with a strong understanding of LINUX with a minimum of 12 years of experience. Should have experience in virtual infrastructure, fiber channel, SAN management, and backups.
- Proficient with VMWare in setting up, configuring, upgrading, and patching.
- Experience in setting up, configuring, and maintaining LINUX appliances.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and testing all backups for this boundary. Scripting experience with automating processes and deployments using tools such as scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.) and packaging (rpm, iso, etc.) required
- Specific skills desired include: SAN management experience and experience with VMWare vSphere and VDI technologies such as VMWare View.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community Directives (ICD’s), NIST, STiGS and vendor specific recommendations.
- A Bachelors’ degree, preferably a Master’s degree from an accredited university in a field such as information systems, computer science, engineering, Management Information’s systems or a related technical field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled