IT Security Policy Analyst (Secret clearance required)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: Secret
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
This contract is contingent upon award. MindPoint Group is seeking an IT Security Policy Analyst with a background in Security Control Assessment and Analysis. This project includes support for the update of certification and accreditation processes for this customer. Experience with FISMA, FISCAM, and CSAM preferred. The Information Security Policy Analyst is responsible for knowing all applicable federal mandates, how and where these mandates tie into government agency orders, policies, instructions, standards, handbooks and guides, as well as the impact of the security requirements on customer systems and mission. The Information Security Policy Analyst will oversee customer IT security activities and compliance, and provide hands-on assistance as appropriate to ensure customer success. In addition, the Information Security Policy Analyst is directly involved in supporting the customer in various audit activities and also serves as the liaison between the auditors and the customer.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of experience managing large federated security projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Active PMP certification is required.
- 6+ years experience with NIST, FISMA, and Security Assessment & Authorization.
- Well-versed in risk management and must have experience working with SDLC, and performing security tasks throughout.
- Experience with and working understanding of FISMA compliance, experience conducting all phases of Certification and Accreditation and creating documentation in accordance with NIST guidance.
- Experience with project management.
- Well versed with NIST publications, OMB circulars and memoranda, and CNSS publications and their requirements and impact on system security.
- Understanding of and experience with CSAM is a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Concise writing skills.
- Active CISSP certification.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled