Database Programmer- Senior
- Washington, DC, USA
- Clearance Level: US Citizen
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
This position is contingent upon contract award. MindPoint Group is seeking a Senior Database Programmer. The programmer will:
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
- Query, analyze, and profile data from source to target to assess data integrity gaps are identified in order to meet the business requirements of the reports
- Design, develop, test, and implement software programs, interfaces, reports and controls in accordance with best practices
- Modify and enhance existing reports and dashboards to meet ongoing operational needs
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Manage the data model, data architecture, design & development for availability, upgrades, maintenance, performance and security of the Database infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with business unit partners to assess reporting needs and solutions, and implement a strategy for continuous improvement of the historical reporting, analytics and dashboards
- Analyze large customer data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
- Deploy analytic models within the various self-service reporting systems and environments
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
- Functions as technical architect and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on enterprise related Database systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for applications
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse
- Designs or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering Database availability, capacity, operating schedules, and business results
- Developing architectural and logical design documentation and periodically reviewing completeness or response to audit or business requirement changes
- US Citizenship with the ability to get a Public Trust is required
- Over 8 years developing large, highly complex, enterprise database systems
- Expert knowledge of: MSSQL, NoSQL Server
- Knowledge in Snowflake and mySQL
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from relational databases with advanced SQL stored procedures
- Experience working in any of the enterprise class BI, ETL and Reporting tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)/Tableau/Power BI/SAS BI/ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/ Informatica /Pentaho, etc.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from relational databases with advanced SQL, stored procedures
- Experience in coding advanced SQL queries, ETL automation, and stored procedures to support business inquiries
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodologies, deliverables and controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Monitoring and problem resolution of production incidents
- Must have experience working in an MNC with diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Experience and knowledge of service oriented architecture preferred.
- Microsoft Database certifications
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled