Cyber Threat Hunter
- Washington, DC, United States
- Clearance Level: TS/SCI
MindPoint Group delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally. We design and implement innovative security solutions to identify and defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. Empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables us to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is for the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the specific customer.
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development.
Mindpoint Group, LLC has an exciting opportunity to join the Cyber Threat Hunt team of one of our largest clients. This position is critical to the continued maturation of the clients operational capabilities and you will join an established and experienced group that is motivated to provide excellent services in defending federal infrastructure. You will work closely with other threat hunters, threat analysts, and an established SOC and we will rely on you to hunt down the most advanced global threats. We need you to see the security stack and all of its capabilities, identify what might have gotten through and how, and aggressively pursue the threat. In the course of your duties you will:
- Actively hunt for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and APT Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) in the network and in the host as necessary.
- Search network flow, PCAP, logs, and sensors for evidence of cyber-attack patterns, and hunt for Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
- Create detailed Incident Reports and contribute to lessons learned in collaboration with the appropriate team
- Collaborate with the SOC and Threat Analysts to contain and investigate major incidents
- Provide simple and reusable hunt tactics and techniques to a team of security engineers, SIEM specialists, and SOC analysts
- Work with leadership and the engineering team to improve and expand available toolsets
- Analyze network perimeter data, flow, packet filtering, proxy firewalls, and IPS/IDS to create and implement a concrete plan of action to harden the defensive posture
- Monitor open source and commercial threat intelligence for IOCs, new vulnerabilities, software weaknesses, and other attacker TTPs
- Active Top Secret with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS related field preferred
- 6 years of Cybersecurity experience
- Certifications Desired: CISSP, SANS GCTI, CCSP, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GNFA, or OSCP Certification
- Experience with securing and hardening IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated or advanced experience with computer networking and operating systems
- Experience with operational security, including security operations center (SOC), incident response, malware analysis, or IDS and IPS analyses
- Demonstrated proficiency with regular expression and scripting languages, including Python or PowerShell
- Demonstrated proficiency with data hunting, including ELK, Splunk, Apache Spark, or AWS Stack
- Familiarity with: Netflow data, DNS logs, Proxy Logs
- Experience with network hunting, including Bro Logs, Netflow, PCAP, or PaloAlto firewalls and proxies
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS’ and command line
- Ability to analyze malware, extract indicators, and create signatures in Yara, Snort, and IOCs
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences to include at the executive level
- Candidate should have knowledge related to the current state of cyber adversary tactics and trends.
- Knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards, and report building
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP networking stack and network IDS technologies
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled