- Ambedkar University, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi, India
Mind Piper is an impact-first mental health organization working towards increasing access to person-centered care to people for their mental & emotional well-being.
We support individuals and at-risk communities across the socioeconomic spectrum by providing inclusive therapeutic interventions. We follow a design thinking and an evidence-based approach which accounts for the language, culture, and context of our end-users.
We are looking for a vibrant, self-driven, creative, and detail-oriented psychologist who can work in a dynamic and collaborative workspace.
The work responsibilities will involve:
- Providing psychotherapy to individuals/couples/families presenting mental health concerns such as depression, anxiety, acute stress, suicidal ideation, interpersonal conflict, substance abuse, etc.
- Understanding the client's context & conflicts and finding new methods to deal with and alleviating their distress by addressing their thought processes, feelings, and/or behaviour.
- Facilitating group sessions and support circles for individuals and communities in distress across the socioeconomic spectrum.
- Clinical assessment, treatment planning, and building & maintaining a robust case documentation system.
- Managing client data and maintaining a high quality of professional conduct in line with Mind Piper’s organizational standards.
- Designing and conducting psychoeducational workshops, training, and seminars.
- Building close working relationships and networking with other mental health professionals and institutions.
- Assisting and supervising fellow teammates and volunteers with backgrounds in psychology for their personal and professional growth.
- Providing assistance to the marketing and operations team in designing & implementing outreach campaigns to build awareness of mental health and our services nationwide and position Mind Piper as an authentic, inclusive, and credible voice in the mental health sector.
Our Offer For You:
- Annual Compensation: Upto ₹4.5L + Performance-based bonus and equity options
- Opportunities to experiment and co-create solutions for societal good in a startup and synergetic ecosystem
- Opportunity to work on complex challenges with a multidisciplinary team having backgrounds in psychology, psychiatry, social work, and technology
What you will NOT do?
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". While you will have a primary role, you will also get involved in the marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT work from one address. The timings and the location will vary within the week.
- You will NOT be working on your own. Our team comprises of young and experienced members and we strongly believe in collective action.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
The right person for this role is looking to take on the challenges and opportunities of a startup while leveraging their experience as a therapist. They’re excited by solving mental health problems at scale.
- Master's Degree in Psychology with a specialization in clinical or counselling psychology (M.Phil./Ph.D. preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in a clinic, organization or private practice environment
- Experience in supervising multiple psychologists for 1+ years.
- Proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative research methods for data-enabled decision-making
- Ability to attract, train, develop, and appraise young psychologists in the team effectively
- Ability to develop targeted communications materials in English and Hindi
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to present and convey ideas clearly and confidently
- Deep curiosity with effective time management and organizational skills
- Comfort with uncertainty and dynamicity as we believe in constantly iterating our knowledge and processes to be intuned with developments around us and to respond effectively
We’re searching for teammates who will help realize our mission. We are an ego-free and collaborative team that likes to bring about systemic change while having fun.
Our organizational culture: a blend of social enterprise and prototyping laboratory- gives our teammates a unique opportunity to create a more equitable, efficient, and effective mental healthcare sector and a more compassionate world.
We work, we err, we iterate, we succeed, we fail and we love what we do.
If you are passionate about social change, early intervention, and the usage of technology for social good and resonate with our values & culture, then come join our Squad!
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 27th May 2020