Android Software Engineer - Internship
- Lausanne, Switzerland
MindMaze is the world’s leading Neurotechnology startup built on more than a decade of pioneering research at the intersection of virtual reality and neuroscience. MindMaze breakthrough platform combines virtual & augmented reality, neuroscience and AI to build intuitive human machine interfaces. MindMaze products help patients suffering from severe disabilities following a neurological incident.
In early 2018, MindMaze acquired Intento (www.Intento.ch). Intento is an EPFL spin-off bringing complementary technology to MindMaze. Intento is developing a solution for the rehabilitation of severely paralyzed stroke patients based on functional electrical stimulation.
Join our eclectic mix of scientists, physicists, engineers and clinicians, and grow with MindMaze.
Intento is looking for a 3-6 months software engineer intern to support the development of a medical-grade Android tablet application. In this position, you will work in strict collaboration with the rest of the team to manage requirements, development, testing, and releasing of the product on schedule.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in developing and debugging Android apps
- Strong sense of UI aesthetic and understanding of good UX design practice
- Used to work with GIT and continuous integration tools
- Good technical writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English (level B2 or higher)
Ideally you have
- An agile mindset with experience working within a SCRUM team
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new frameworks and technologies
- Experience with MVP and dependency injection
- Knowledge of one or more is a plus: MVP, dependency injection, Dagger, ButterKnife, Mockito, RoboElectric, Firebase, GreenDao, SQLcipher, retrofit, RxJava, Guava, Bluetooth/Bluetooth Low Energy stack
Icing on the cake
- You never, never give up
What’s in it for you
- You will be part of a highly motivated, effective team in an international, dynamic and diverse environment, where your personal learning will be highly valued
- You will contribute to a product with the potential to improve several folds the efficacy of current care after stroke and improve quality of life of thousands of stroke survivors
- You will be part of a supportive culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do, in a friendly environment